Pioneer

1. Give me the current giving levels of local folks and alumni.

2. Give me any sense the economy is going to improve soon.

3. Give me the current number of shows Pioneer appears in.

4. Give me the total number of Open Class shows.

Now, you can make an accurate statement.

Which I predict will be....Pioneer would not be better off as an OC corps.

Why would a corps throw away 25+ paid performances for 9 unpaid ones and a very uncertain economy...have you been to the Midwest lately? Darned depressing if you ask me. Now, let's flip the question. You are now magically in charge of Pioneer. Show me how your assertions would work.

I just don't see it as an option that would make sense for any lower tier WC corps.

Yeah, I live in the midwest. And I really don't care what happens in the DCI world. So, I magically am in charge of Pioneer, they leave DCI and join DCA. :tongue:

Wow, 10 thousand views. Thats what Im talking about, people love their PIONEER! Looking for big things in 2011.

No it is just another forum for people to argue about something on DCP, has nothing to do with who loves or doesn't love Pioneer......

Yeah, I live in the midwest. And I really don't care what happens in the DCI world. So, I magically am in charge of Pioneer, they leave DCI and join DCA. :tongue:

For a bigger payday? No.

Really? That would be better? An unfunded trip to NY each fall?

Let's try out a very novel idea.

How much is Pioneer's charter worth? How much cash would it take for DCP to own Pioneer?

I realize you're joking, but if you're ever serious I'll invest!

Yeah, I don't see it yet. The corps needs a massive amount of alumni support in order to change things.

Now a new yet announced horn guy. Guard program...well, I was less than impressed. That's 1/2 the corps right there affected.

Not seeing the love yet. And the words are cheap...what is needed is resources in the form of Pictures of Presidents in green.

I agree Tom, but in this case I'm convinced all the money in the world won't change things except nicer equipment and busses as long as Roman is in charge.

Ok...so here is another question.

I have a 15 year old freshman in high school who's marching band is a joke. Nice people, but the program sucks. He is a very good trumpet player, and wants to follow his big brothers footsteps and march corps. Big brother was center snare with a top 12 corps this year, and had a very fulfilling career.

With his lack of marching experience, and assuming he could make the corps, would I be better sending him to Pioneer and get the world class experience, or send him to an organization like the Colts Cadets or another open class group? From what I am reading about Pioneer, I am not sure that getting beat up all summer will give him the positive experience we are looking for....I know this is not exactly what this topic is asking, but goes towards what might be right or wrong with Pio.....

Please don't take offense to this, but this line of thinking is a big part of the problem for corps like Pioneer. People want to march somewhere else and aren't ready, so they come to Pio to get some experience under their belt and bail as soon as they're good enough to make one of the "big boys". Not everyone, but a lot. Pio gets the newbie rookies, and doesn't end up benifiting from their own efforts at instruction because their student is now marching a top 12 corps instead of sticking around to REALLY make Pioneer "Better Every Day".

Please don't take offense to this, but this line of thinking is a big part of the problem for corps like Pioneer. People want to march somewhere else and aren't ready, so they come to Pio to get some experience under their belt and bail as soon as they're good enough to make one of the "big boys". Not everyone, but a lot. Pio gets the newbie rookies, and doesn't end up benifiting from their own efforts at instruction because their student is now marching a top 12 corps instead of sticking around to REALLY make Pioneer "Better Every Day".

hey that happened to all us non top 25/17/12 corps. But corps like Colts, Bluecoats, Glassmen, Blue Knights, Crown, and Boston all figured out how to change that and start retaining their members. I remember when we used to call ourselves the top 12 Cadets cause we always had people bail on us to go march with the big boys. Even after we made it into the top 12 the corps was stil a stepping stone to the top 6. We lost so many members to Star, Madison, and BD in the early 90's it wasn't funny.