The 150 member increase.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I see. It's not the fault of the other corps directors for voting for the proposals, it's George's fault for bringing them up in the first place. So that's how it works. My fault for not understand that. Here I thought it was a democracy where anyone could propose an idea, and if everyone agrees, then it becomes a rule. Next I guess you'll tell me that he threatens to steal their lunch money if they don't vote his way. Give me a break. If the other directors didn't want the changes they would have voted against them. And, by the way, I didn't hear a lot of people condemning Bluecoats when they were winning early season, and I think they used more electronics than any corps in recent history. (I could be wrong, but I don't remember Cadets miking soloist in order so manipulate their tone!)

Have a nice Day!

Um...exqweeze me, this is not a thread about electronics.

Errm...uhh... So anyway. As for hops proposals. I find your statement comical (I giggled) about "if the other directors didn't want the proposals, they would have voted against then".

What a naïve statement that is. Newsflash, most of Hop's proposals (at least the radical ones) don't pass on his first try.

What da ya make uh that?

I make of it that most of the other directors don't want his proposals but after so much badgering and maniacle pushing, they finally just give up the fight and say "ok fine, Hop. Whatever you say". It's like that annoying kid at the candy store who keeps bugging his parents for a bag of taffy. By the time he is kicking, screeming, crying, biting and spitting, the parents finally give in just to have a moment of peace.

I'll give Hop one thing, he sure doesn't give up without a fight. If he were a politition, he would be President Of The United States.

cool, tx for the update. Now the Q is: was that because 72 is what they wanted, or (txpride's thesis) that they couldn't find enough?

I would put even money that they only wanted to march 72. I don't think Cadets, among others, would have any problem finding 172 if they wanted to. And I am sure they are very selective on the level of talent they take as well.

I think the best groups to look at to come up with some answers would be BD, SCV and Colts. All three organizations have "Cadet" corps, and if they didn't carry 150 with the top groups, then it was obviously a choice they made.

I would also like to know when 80 became the magic number for the horn line in a 150 member corps. 64 (50%) seemed to be the standard when they carried 128, so wouldn't 75 (50%) seem to be the logical number for 150. And remember, 150 is a maximum, not a requirement. Also, with the turn that DCI seems to have taken in the last couple of years of putting more of an emphasis on the visual program, it would seem logical to me that you would want to carry a larger guard.

Have a nice day!

Um...exqweeze me, this is not a thread about electronics.

Errm...uhh... So anyway. As for hops proposals. I find your statement comical (I giggled) about "if the other directors didn't want the proposals, they would have voted against then".

What a naïve statement that is. Newsflash, most of Hop's proposals (at least the radical ones) don't pass on his first try.

What da ya make uh that?

I make of it that most of the other directors don't want his proposals but after so much badgering and maniacle pushing, they finally just give up the fight and say "ok fine, Hop. Whatever you say". It's like that annoying kid at the candy store who keeps bugging his parents for a bag of taffy. By the time he is kicking, screeming, crying, biting and spitting, the parents finally give in just to have a moment of peace.

I'll give Hop one thing, he sure doesn't give up without a fight. If he were a politition, he would be President Of The United States.

You must really think that guys like Jeff Fiedler, Dave Gibbs, Jim Coates et al, must be very weak minded men that they can't stand up for themselves against the "All Mighty" Hopkins. Did it ever occur to you that maybe by not carrying 150 members it was their way of saying, George you go ahead, but we're not going to push the numbers that high. Or, maybe, they wanted the limit at 150 and just let Hopkins take the heat for it.

Have A Nice Day.

You must really think that guys like Jeff Fiedler, Dave Gibbs, Jim Coates et al, must be very weak minded men that they can't stand up for themselves against the "All Mighty" Hopkins. Did it ever occur to you that maybe by not carrying 150 members it was their way of saying, George you go ahead, but we're not going to push the numbers that high. Or, maybe, they wanted the limit at 150 and just let Hopkins take the heat for it.

Have A Nice Day.

Sure, I thought about that. That was until I discovered that The Cadets aren't even carrying the full 150.

*GASP!* Ohhhh CRAP!!!!!!! I just gave one of my secrets away for tomorrow at 10AM!!!!!

Ah well, consider it like when a kid gets to open up one Christmas gift on Christmas eve before going to bed. You just opened your one Christmas eve gift. Now nity nite...and NNNO PEAKING!!!

*Here comes Santa Clause, Here comes Santa Clause Dun dun dun dun daahhhhh....*

Edited by txpride

Sure, I thought about that. That was until I discovered that The Cadets aren't even carrying the full 150.

*GASP!* Ohhhh CRAP!!!!!!! I just gave one of my secrets away for tomorrow at 10AM!!!!!

Ah well, consider it like when a kid gets to open up one Christmas gift on Christmas eve before going to bed. You just opened your one Christmas eve gift. Now nity nite...and NNNO PEAKING!!!

*Here comes Santa Clause, Here comes Santa Clause Dun dun dun dun daahhhhh....*

And when you open your gift tomorrow, you will find coal!

Cadets did march 150! 72 horns (by choice), 8/6/5/ 14 pit, 41 guard, 3 Dm's and Geoffrey! = 150. Now you can go ahead and make your argument that since 1 bass got hurt and couldn't finish the season, that that only makes 149, but the fact is that they marched 150 on the field during the season!

Have A Nice Day!

And when you open your gift tomorrow, you will find coal!

Cadets did march 150! 72 horns (by choice), 8/6/5/ 14 pit, 41 guard, 3 Dm's and Geoffrey! = 150. Now you can go ahead and make your argument that since 1 bass got hurt and couldn't finish the season, that that only makes 149, but the fact is that they marched 150 on the field during the season!

Have A Nice Day!

Um, no they didn't. Not in 09. Please keep in mind, my homework assignment was 2009, not 2010 I don't know what they marched in 2010. Don't care right now. 09 was what everyone said I was wrong about so that is what I checked. And trust me, Cadets did not carry the numbers you just gave us.

Believe it or not, I actually counted them 8 times (and from different minute numbers) because I was so shocked at the number I saw. Tomorrow, 10am cst.

(Now watch folks, venkeman won't even come back and admit that he was mistaken on the year he thought I was talking about. And by the way, this also proves that he isn't even reading everything I write. How can a person claim a person is wrong about something when they don't even know what the other person said? Yes indeed, folks venkeman's rebuttle is as follows..."I did not read what you wrote but I know that whatever it is, you are wrong". Got it!)

Edited by txpride

Are you sure? We alreadt addressed Boston. Two of us on this thread agree that they had 79 with one hole (which further proves my point that corps are struggling to make it). As for Cavies and Coats, those were two of the corps that I'm almost certain had a hole or two.

Again, you can say 80 on paper but if you didn't make that number by August, it proves my point that corps are struggling to make the 150 goal.

The 150 is NOT working.

too many holes .

yes, a few had none but more than I ever thought possible.

a quality 135 is better.

Um, no they didn't. Not in 09. Please keep in mind, my homework assignment was 2009, not 2010 I don't know what they marched in 2010. Don't care right now. 09 was what everyone said I was wrong about so that is what I checked. And trust me, Cadets did not carry the numbers you just gave us.

Believe it or not, I actually counted them 8 times (and from different minute numbers) because I was so shocked at the number I saw. Tomorrow, 10am cst.

(Now watch folks, venkeman won't even come back and admit that he was mistaken on the year he thought I was talking about. And by the way, this also proves that he isn't even reading everything I write. How can a person claim a person is wrong about something when they don't even know what the other person said? Yes indeed, folks venkeman's rebuttle is as follows..."I did not read what you wrote but I know that whatever it is, you are wrong". Got it!)

Everyone?

U r wrong AGAIN. I for one said u were wrong on 2010.