What direction will BD take in 2011?

GO BD!

Even though many try to marginalize people who DARE enjoy what you put out, it's nice to see you keep going. Your members and staff are simply extraordinary.

Congrats on the amazing win...we'll see if other corps can match your achievement in the coming years!

For every person who has "marginalized" someone for liking BD, there's been one who's been told they "just don't get it" or it's "too progressive", blah blah blah. And the LARGE majority of people who DO have an issue with BD's recent offerings will admit that the corps' talent has been unmatched.

What bothers me are those who feel the need to elevate an already stellar corps to an almost god-like status while putting other corps and their programs down. Those that seem to suggest getting an actual crowd reaction and having babies thrown at you is somehow now passe, formulaic, and soooooo last year.

The season's over. BD won. They've gone undefeated for 2 years now. Some liked their show. Others didn't.

The sun still rises in the east and sets in the west. Hell hasn't frozen over. The four horsemen haven't been spotted.

Life goes on. Just like those intrepid Blue Devils.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now then...

::: steps off of soapbox :::

... I don't care what they do next year, so long as it makes me want to add their logo to my signature.

What bothers me are those who feel the need to elevate an already stellar corps to an almost god-like status while putting other corps and their programs down. Those that seem to suggest getting an actual crowd reaction and having babies thrown at you is somehow now passe, formulaic, and soooooo last year.

Would you mind showing me one example here on this site that does exactly this ???

G

For every person who has "marginalized" someone for liking BD, there's been one who's been told they "just don't get it" or it's "too progressive", blah blah blah. And the LARGE majority of people who DO have an issue with BD's recent offerings will admit that the corps' talent has been unmatched.

The season's over. BD won. They've gone undefeated for 2 years now. Some liked their show. Others didn't.

The sun still rises in the east and sets in the west. Hell hasn't frozen over. The four horsemen haven't been spotted.

Life goes on. Just like those intrepid Blue Devils.

Intersting.

GO BD!

YOU ROCKED THIS YEAR, AND EVERY OTHER CORPS HAS A LOT OF WORK TO CATCH YOU!

DO MORE OF THAT NEXT YEAR!

Would you mind showing me one example here on this site that does exactly this ???

G

Sure. Here's two.

In order to grow the activity you need a larger audience, not just the old fans that want the "formula" presentations each year: frenetic/kaleidoscope drill, familiar music with "big" moments, company (extended) fronts, hot drum breaks, Blah, Blah, Blah...all under the guise of some new title that means nothing to the actual production! It's the same every frickin' year! Play the tape for crying out loud.

Then one corps leaves the "circle of sameness" and we refuse to recognize their efforts for fear others will follow. Then we bark at em' to chase em' back in. This is precisely what happened to SOI 93...precisely. BD is wise enough to understand that what they are doing will be loved and remembered far longer than the short-sighted same productions that will be lost in the circle.

Look, here's bottom line, you're backing horses that aren't getting it done... it's just the way it is..you can't re-write it. The corps you like bring the same thing every year with a different title, it's your comfort zone, and there's nothing wrong with that. Some are game changers, and some are just the game.

Intersting.

GO BD!

YOU ROCKED THIS YEAR, AND EVERY OTHER CORPS HAS A LOT OF WORK TO CATCH YOU!

DO MORE OF THAT NEXT YEAR!

Lance... your pom-poms are thinning out.

Check with Plan9. I'm sure he has spares on hand.

:tongue:

Hmmm..BD sucks.

Does that make it all better?

:tongue:

Oh, I wasn't eluding to anything other than the fact you've been cheering them on all summer (many times IN ALL CAPS), and that because of this, your pom-poms were no longer as....

.... pommy?

Oh, I wasn't eluding to anything other than the fact you've been cheering them on all summer (many times IN ALL CAPS), and that because of this, your pom-poms were no longer as....

.... pommy?

Guy cheerleaders don't use pom poms.

I am a guy.

Maybe it's my uber cheesy megaphone that's getting worn out...

guy_cheerleader.jpg