Snare tilt

Here's a more interesting question along the same lines:

Which is more aesthetically pleasing, traditional grip with a tilt, or matched grip on a flat surface? For the purposes of satisfying my curiosity, please pick one or the other...traditional grip on a flat surface isn't an option.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is more aesthetically pleasing, traditional grip with a tilt, or matched grip on a flat surface? For the purposes of satisfying my curiosity, please pick one or the other...traditional grip on a flat surface isn't an option.

If it's a regular line, it would be tilt with traditional. If it's 18? snares ala Coats in the 80's playing backsticking and drum to drum, I'll take matched and flat. :tongue:

I would take traditional with a tilt over matched on a totally flat surface. However, if matched is done the way SCV did it in 2005 (low and tilted forward), I would take that over traditional with the tilt.

these guys looked horrible...

scla74-30.jpg

ankig-3.jpg

Enough with the snare tilt already! It was cool and different when SCV did it years ago; but now it has become lame! Just another example of the copycat ideology that has spread through the activity.

U mad?

There are only two reasons for trad grip in a snare line: 1)...

Actually I've known a few good snare techs who think that the whipping action of the left hand in trad grip helps compensate for the weaker left hand and produces a more even sound. Have to agree there is a little sense to that. Although I'm left handed so... who knows.

Actually I've known a few good snare techs who think that the whipping action of the left hand in trad grip helps compensate for the weaker left hand and produces a more even sound. Have to agree there is a little sense to that. Although I'm left handed so... who knows.

oh man, I always knew you were weird ... :tongue: