Asphalt Cocktail - Short Memories?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Maybe for the advanced audience but not to the casual listener. Yes, there is lots of melody in

Asphalt Cocktail but it is pretty unconventional. I personally can sing and hum all of BD's show, and

much of Bluecoats show, but am not a casual fan.

Heck, apparently some think Laura is not hummable melody so one has to wonder just how simple it

needs to be. Does everyone need to play Ice Castles to make some people happy?

I took my brother to a Bluecoats rehearsal. He has zero "classical" training and his musical skills are limited but he appreciates music. As we were driving home he was humming the tuba part. I guess that makes him part of the "advanced audience."

Waffles, and the fact that I like them. :thumbup:

We should start a forum to talk about what we like and dislike about various waffle styles and producers...some of it might get heated. Because waffles are very very important.

I took my brother to a Bluecoats rehearsal. He has zero "classical" training and his musical skills are limited but he appreciates music. As we were driving home he was humming the tuba part. I guess that makes him part of the "advanced audience."

Think he could handle Laura?

My point was that Bluecoats also played unconventional music this year, as compared with,

say, Ice Castles. Come on, folks, do you really disagree with that? Be honest.

Edited by BDUFLS

Ya but they didn't. They also COULD'VE played Holst, The Cavaliers could've played Stan Kenton, The Bluecoats could've played nothing but Imogean heap, and Madison could've done a 17 minute long rendition of malaga and been disqualified (talk about not caring about the scores). But none of them did. Soooooo what's the point of this thread?

You didn't hear the Holst riff? It was right after the Nimrod measure.

and then you gave him a big hug, huh?

We should start a forum to talk about what we like and dislike about various waffle styles and producers...some of it might get heated. Because waffles are very very important.

more important than you'll ever know. Waffles are everything. On the first day, God created raffles and then he created us to eat them.

Well as long as it passed the "My Brother with ZERO classical musical training test" then I guess we are all ok! :thumbup:

Edited by Big Bad Bari