Show order for Alumni Spec.?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing yes ... unprecidented ... no ... Baltimore pulled out in 2007 for the same reason I believe ... I would imagine that adding a corps at a late date is nearly impossibe due to the hotel situation ... I doubt that enough rooms would be available ...

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

What is considered LATE ? We had rooms reserved for our Corps .Notice that Kevins could not make Rochester was given in EARLY June. you mean to tell Me that NO other Alumni Corps could have been substituted with a THREE month notice if the were called & wanted to attend. All alumni Corps show are established by June. Its not like Corps are in hibernation in early summer. This guy that is complaining that his ticket price was for nine corps & not eight is breaking My heart . Individuals that attend any multyday show with our corps lay out hundreds of dollers because he likes to performe with his corps. Kevins has plenty of money for buses & We have never charged members to ride & food & drink on the bus ride is FREE. Kevins travels to lots of "distance" jobs, unlike some other Alumni Corps. Everybody in the Alumni Corps world knows it too .The situation for Rochester is that lots of individual members are hurting in these tough financial times. Very sorry some fans are dissapointed . I was myself , but that the real world.

Mike D.

St. Kevins

What is considered LATE ? We had rooms reserved for our Corps .Notice that Kevins could not make Rochester was given in EARLY June. you mean to tell Me that NO other Alumni Corps could have been substituted with a THREE month notice if they were called & wanted to attend. All alumni Corps show are established by June. Its not like Corps are in hibernation in early summer. This guy that is complaining that his ticket price was for nine corps & not eight is breaking My heart . Individuals that attend any multyday show with our corps lay out hundreds of dollers because he likes to performe with his corps. Kevins has plenty of money for buses & We have never charged members to ride & food & drink on the bus ride is FREE. Kevins travels to lots of "distance" jobs, unlike some other Alumni Corps. Everybody in the Alumni Corps world knows it too .The situation for Rochester is that lots of individual members are hurting in these tough financial times. Very sorry some fans are dissapointed . I was myself , but that the real world.

Mike D.

St. Kevins

What is considered LATE ? We had rooms reserved for our Corps .Notice that Kevins could not make Rochester was given in EARLY June. you mean to tell Me that NO other Alumni Corps could have been substituted with a THREE month notice if the were called & wanted to attend. All alumni Corps show are established by June. Its not like Corps are in hibernation in early summer. This guy that is complaining that his ticket price was for nine corps & not eight is breaking My heart . Individuals that attend any multyday show with our corps lay out hundreds of dollers because he likes to performe with his corps. Kevins has plenty of money for buses & We have never charged members to ride & food & drink on the bus ride is FREE. Kevins travels to lots of "distance" jobs, unlike some other Alumni Corps. Everybody in the Alumni Corps world knows it too .The situation for Rochester is that lots of individual members are hurting in these tough financial times. Very sorry some fans are dissapointed . I was myself , but that the real world.

Mike D.

St. Kevins

Hi Mike ... no ctiticism on my part ... sorry for the poor choice of the word "late" ... I well know St. Kevin's travel efforts for attending shows in CT, NY and other areas away from your home base ... always putting on an excellent show ... the lineup was announced by DCA in March ... I don't remember an adjusted list being announced to the public ... and ... have no idea of what corps may have been approached to possibly try fill the void ...

:-)

Actually, maybe it is time for the original poster to request that this thread be closed. Before things get waaayyyy out of hand. Please.

Maybe it is time for DCA to speak-up why they didn't inform the fans about this..

My apologies to St Kevins, at first it sounded that they just canceled out....

Three months, I would think the could find a replacement..

Doesn't Western NY have alum corp, I bet alot them live near Rochester,

how about Syracuse ?

How about one of the Mini corps ?

Pete

Maybe it is time for DCA to speak-up why they didn't inform the fans about this..

My apologies to St Kevins, at first it sounded that they just canceled out....

Three months, I would think the could find a replacement..

Doesn't Western NY have alum corp, I bet alot them live near Rochester,

how about Syracuse ?

How about one of the Mini corps ?

Pete

Syracuse Brigadiers Alumni will play all 3 national anthems at finals - but were not prepared to do a full show.

This post has gotten way out of hand... there is no point in blasting St. Kevins for pulling out... I'm sure they thought June was plenty of notice... have no idea why this thread has deteriorated so far... So there's 8 corps... Preston Scout House is worth the money and then you get 7 bonuses.... enjoy the show.

Edited by TomPeashey

Syracuse Brigadiers Alumni will play all 3 national anthems at finals - but were not prepared to do a full show.

This post has gotten way out of hand... there is no point in blasting St. Kevins for pulling out... I'm sure they thought June was plenty of notice... have no idea why this thread has deteriorated so far... So there's 8 corps... Preston Scout House is worth the money and then you get 7 bonuses.... enjoy the show.

Sorry Tom that you think I was blasting St Kevins, I was not............

I am still not sure why DCA didn't inform the fans......

Maybe I am not a fan of Scout House ( I am)

And I would have been happy with Black Saddle and Shanri-La with 2 National Anthems

Pete

Just get up early and dont miss the first 2 corps!!! Scout House is a real crowd pleaser and St Joes Alumni had a GREAT rehearsal and the best LEROY HS run through that I can remember for many years!

Donny

Sorry Tom that you think I was blasting St Kevins, I was not............

I am still not sure why DCA didn't inform the fans......

Maybe I am not a fan of Scout House ( I am)

And I would have been happy with Black Saddle and Shanri-La with 2 National Anthems

Pete

actually they're playing all 3 national anthems...

as the recipient of a lifetime membership award from the Brigadier Alumni and one of the first French Horns to ever play Black Saddle - I strongly support the Brigadier Alumni and join with them and the Brigadiers Drum and Bugle Corps in their efforts to re-establish the Brigadiers Competing Corps and bring them back to prominence.

Edited by TomPeashey