Show order for Alumni Spec.?

I love Scout House. They reenact their "glory years" era.... the 1950s and 1960s.... very well!!!! :thumbdown:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the order settled evtry year? It was a pain to get going for 10 am. I thought that Scout House had somewhat paid their dues and could go on later in the program. Who decides what? I'd really like to know. I'd like to think that DCA had us on earlier to get more of a crowd in, seeing as that we do a full field show, and have a great following. I try to think posetively.

Thanks

What's it matter what time you go on when its such an honor just to perform again? Just being able to re-live the olden days doing something you really enjoy at such a prestigious event is a reward in itself. I never thought after being away from Drum Corps for 35 years that I would ever be hearing the applause of a most appreciative crowd. I've been back for 7 years now and am revisiting my youth again. Thank you DCA for giving me the opportunity. Let me perform at any time or position at this great event as long as I can participate.

Amen brother, St Joes has been on first, just a couple of years ago, and next to last inbetween Bridgmen and Cabs, who cares, we had fun, let er rip and did our best to entertain. That's what it's all about, there are some other Alumn iCorps that would enjoy an invitiation. Had to get up at 5:45 to get there to practice before the show, it's only one day. We are looking forward to next year, getting ready, wherever we are placed. See ya all then..............

Don't know if anyone else caught it but, when the Bridgemen were first announced coming on to the field they were announced......"and from Bridgemen New Jersey"........ :blink:

Guilty, as charged, Gene!

One of those things -- I knew I was going to say it, I knew it was wrong when it passed my lips, and I knew it was wrong when I heard it x milliseconds later when it came back on the time delay. You're one of the few to catch it.

But at least I didn't totally stumble and say "St. Andrew's Bridgemen from St. Andrew's, New Jersey"...

Edited by K2SMA

One of those things -- I knew I was going to say it, I knew it was wrong when it passed my lips, and I knew it was wrong when I heard it x milliseconds later when it came back on the time delay. You're one of the few to catch it.

But at least I didn't totally stumble and say "St. Andrew's Bridgemen from St. Andrew's, New Jersey"...

Didn't know that was you Steve. Still a great job of announcing. Ya know you could have said The "Bayonnesmen". :blink:

St. Andrew's/Bayonne Bridgemen from Bridgemen/St. Andrew's/ Bayonne, New Jersey. Doesn't matter. EVERYONE knows who and what we are and where we're from.

And as standy said, we are ALL there to entertain the fans regardless of what position we perform at. Man, I felt like I was 30 years old again (which is less then half my present age) and hopefully next year I'll feel like I'm 31. :devil:

When we started "Willie T" (that would be the William Tell Overture for the uninitiated) and took our hats off someone in the audience yelled "A lot of gray". My response is, "YEAH, BUT WE'RE ON THE FIELD. THE VIEW IS MUCH BETTER FROM HERE". :blink::tongue::tongue:

Edited by NYSkyliner

That it was Billy T. not Willie T. :blink:

Changed it up this year?? :tongue:

pardon me if I smile politely...

you guys are some of the greatest corps people in the world... but

It seems to me there's been a lot of complaining about order of appearance when the truth is....

(are you ready for the truth?)

The Alumni Corps Directors are the ones who decided to go with an old fashioned draw for positions which was done at the spring draw meeting attended by and in front of over 25 corps... we did it in public for JUST this reason... (anticipated complaints)

Per agreement, no changes were allowed except for those agreed to in writing by the directors involved... and there were a couple of changes arranged by the Alumni corps themselves... (not DCA)

We did it DCA's way before... (getting a mix each year and considering the audience)

We did it the Alumni Corps way this year... (old fashioned draw)

How do you propose we do it next year? I will forward any viable suggestion to the Alumni Spectacular Chairman.

How do you propose we do it next year? I will forward any viable suggestion to the Alumni Spectacular Chairman.

Real simple, Tom... Take each alumni corps' average score from its three previous shows and seed them in reverse order.

Oh.... Wait a second.... Never mind....

Real simple, Tom... Take each alumni corps' average score from its three previous shows and seed them in reverse order.

Oh.... Wait a second.... Never mind....

:blink:

Thanks Andy.....I needed that!!!!