Paul Rennick Joins SCV Staff and Creative Team

Wow. Betcha Texas looks pretty good right now, eh, Rockford? Well, at least he didn't move to BD. End of the day, all that changes is that SCV and PR flip flop.

All good things...

Forgive my ignorance because I don't know if Mr. Rennick would be the one making the decision, but could this affect SCV's cymbal line (in terms of having one)?

Edited by Abbevillekid26

So, trading Paul for SCV's identity in the percussion world?

Better part of 30+ years SCV did not use tilted snares. So don't think it is an identity crisis.

Forgive my ignorance because I don't know if Mr. Rennick would be the one making the decision, but could this affect SCV's cymbal line (in terms of having one)?

He is the caption head... so yes, I imagine his opinion on this matter would carry a lot of weight.

I for one hope not... part of an outstanding tradition with SCV has been the Cymbal Line.

I for one hope not... part of an outstanding tradition with SCV has been the Cymbal Line.

I don't think it will....too many people in that organization would NOT be cool with it.

I cannot imagine him getting rid of the (overrated) cymbal line because THAT is definitely a big part of the Jonze's identity. Besides, Rennick wrote great parts for his lines that had cymbals.

IF Vanguard ends up switching to Innovative, i'm going to hold out hope that they come out w/ some Kent Cater signature bass mallets... Vic's bass mallets are TOTALLY the best ones out there right now (i've used Vic Firth, Innovative, AND Promark (UGH) ones for multiple years, so i know what i'm talking about)

I disagree entirely. Innovative's tapered bass mallets (NOT the fulcrum notch ones) are the reason I changed my battery to IP. EASILY the best bass mallets out there, in my opinion.

I disagree entirely. Innovative's tapered bass mallets (NOT the fulcrum notch ones) are the reason I changed my battery to IP. EASILY the best bass mallets out there, in my opinion.

unfortunately, i haven't gotten to try out those newer IP ones... so, i guess my opinion can't include those...

i think if Rennick got rid of the cymbal line at SCV, every single cymbal alumni (if not, ALL alumni) would revolt and murder him. lol

SCV cymbals are NOT someone you want to anger