Paul Rennick Joins SCV Staff and Creative Team

WOW, WOW and WOW!!! I have loved watching Paul teach at PR for years. I cannot even imagine what this will do for SCV? Why can't they keep the tilted drums?

Maybe the Keeping Up with The Jones' DVD's will start coming out again.

VERY interesting! Hope they don't leave Pearl.... SCV has always had some of the best sounding drums on the field.

Phantom was Pearl through the 07 season, but Paul is a Dynasty and Innovative Percussion artist like the rest of the faculty at UNT, so they switched to Dynasty. So expect SCV to fulfill the rest of their Pearl and Vic Firth contracts and then make the switch.

The percussion caption head doesn't have all the say in what equipment they use. Granted, they have a lot of say, but if he were to push Dynasty and Innovative he would likely have to get through the higher ups first (the board, directors, etc). My prediction is that they will likely switch to Innovative (this wouldn't be new, IIRC their pit used Innovative in 2003 and maybe 2004, and the corps has only used Vic since I think the mid or late 90s), but stay on Pearl (too many people within the organization would not be okay with switching...SCV has been on Pearl for more than half the corps' history. Its a key element to their sound and IMO their image as well.)

The percussion caption head doesn't have all the say in what equipment they use. Granted, they have a lot of say, but if he were to push Dynasty and Innovative he would likely have to get through the higher ups first (the board, directors, etc). My prediction is that they will likely switch to Innovative (this wouldn't be new, IIRC their pit used Innovative in 2003 and maybe 2004, and the corps has only used Vic since I think the mid or late 90s), but stay on Pearl (too many people within the organization would not be okay with switching...SCV has been on Pearl for more than half the corps' history. Its a key element to their sound and IMO their image as well.)

Wouldn't they have to do something to break Rennick's contract with Dynasty, tho?? That might cost a pretty penny (unless there was an escape clause IN that contract, since instructors DO move around.)

Wouldn't they have to do something to break Rennick's contract with Dynasty, tho?? That might cost a pretty penny (unless there was an escape clause IN that contract, since instructors DO move around.)

You know, I'm not sure on that. I doubt that Rennick (or any other endorser)'s contract would say that any group he works with also has to use Dynasty, but I could be wrong.

You know, I'm not sure on that. I doubt that Rennick (or any other endorser)'s contract would say that any group he works with also has to use Dynasty, but I could be wrong.

Scott Johnson still has his signature stick through Vic Firth even though the Devils switched to Promark. However, to quote the Dynasty Facebook page concerning Rennick's departure it sounds like he is also leaving Dynasty: "Paul Rennick has left Phantom Regiment. Best of luck Paul and thanks for being a huge part of the Dynasty family." To me, their use of the words "best of luck" indicates that he is leaving Dynasty.

Edited by Stu