Paul Rennick Joins SCV Staff and Creative Team

Yeah, and the "revamped" Ludwig drums are far, far superior to Yamaha.

Pearl and Yamaha are the standard. That's it and that's that.

Mapex needs some time to prove itself. Ludwig=crap, Dynasty=crap, Remo=crap, Stingray=crap, Premier (current)=crap, Jupiter=crap, McCormick=crap, Slingerland=crap. Yes, I'm old enough to remember Slingerlands.

Back in the 70's about the only choice you had was either Ludwig or Slingerland. Neither were crap.

When I first started in drum corps back in '82, the corps I was with was using Ludwigs. I remember those things weighing a ton and they used shoulder straps. The snares had the leg rest unit on the snares. So, yes, the corps I was with had a snare tilt. I'm just thinking in terms of what has "evolved" in terms of percussion equipment over the years and the sound, appearance, and quality associated with what has come around. All personal opinion. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Rennick program...

Edited by shortn'sour

Many, but not all.

{Pic of Cavies snare line}

Yamaha faithful since the 1987 season. . . . .

Madison since 1985

So, trading Paul for SCV's identity in the percussion world?

LMAO! Yep, SCV's identity in the percussion world is at huge risk here!!

I for one hope not... part of an outstanding tradition with SCV has been the Cymbal Line.

Couple of ex Scouts you may want to start a support group with.

Question 1: Is the entire drum staff going with Paul to SCV, or does he have the option, and if so what does this mean for Phantom?

Question 2: With his undeniable success at PR over the past, what 6 years, I can pretty much guarantee that many PR vets will follow Paul to SCV. Are we about to see a huge attrition in quality of the Phantom drumline? As a sidenote, if many PR vets do follow Paul to SCV there is going to be some major competition for spots in SCV's line next year between the vets of the two corps.

Edited by SDBassCreature

Does anyone besides me find it interesting, or ironic, that Rennick replaced Brian Mason at Regiment, now he is replacing Mason at SCV?

yeah, i think it IS pretty interesting...but, i think it will be much more interesting to see what the rest of the percussion staff at SCV will look like