Shows that you find boring that lots of people rave about

88 Suncoast was one of those shows that you had to be there live to thoroughly enjoy/experience.

I marched in '88. I saw them many times. It was not good for me then, and it is even worse on DVD/Fan Network.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets 1998. I have tried MANY times. I hear the visual is incredible and the music is great, but I have NEVER made it through this entire show in one sitting. Maybe I just don't get it, but I'm at the point now that when people talk about how great this show is, they're really making some inside joke that I do not get at all.

Blue Devils 98 I feel pretty much the same way. In fact, 1998 was a really boring year for everyone except Madison.

Cadets 1998. I have tried MANY times. I hear the visual is incredible and the music is great, but I have NEVER made it through this entire show in one sitting. Maybe I just don't get it, but I'm at the point now that when people talk about how great this show is, they're really making some inside joke that I do not get at all.

Blue Devils 98 I feel pretty much the same way. In fact, 1998 was a really boring year for everyone except Madison.

I understand being bored by BD/Cadets, but you didn't get any entertainment out of SCV, Cavies, or Glassmen? All awesome shows that year (just my opinion though).

This year: SCV, BD, Crown

In the past: Anything BD newer than 1989.

Cavaliers 1990-2002

90% of "old skool" drum corps. It's not good. It sounds like garbage and bores me to tears. I'm sure it was very nifty back then, but MS DOS was the shiz back in the day too.

Acorns & Oaks, my friend. Someday, in the not too distant future, someone (speaking through their hologram) will repeat your statement, but about 2010. "OMG! What trash! How could they even imagine that was any good?"

There's just no way to compare the complexity of today with the '60s, anymore than we could compare ourselves with the '40s.

Once upon a time, Corps played Bugles, actual Bugles if you can believe it. But they were the foundation upon which we built, as we are the foundation for todays DC, as todays Corps are laying the foundation for the Future, whatever that might be.

Acorns & Oaks, my friend. Someday, in the not too distant future, someone (speaking through their hologram) will repeat your statement, but about 2010. "OMG! What trash! How could they even imagine that was any good?"

There's just no way to compare the complexity of today with the '60s, anymore than we could compare ourselves with the '40s.

Once upon a time, Corps played Bugles, actual Bugles if you can believe it. But they were the foundation upon which we built, as we are the foundation for todays DC, as todays Corps are laying the foundation for the Future, whatever that might be.

Yep

Garfield 84. Musically mildly interesting, but the drill is very unattractive. NOT the mold-breaker everyone seems to think it is IMO.

Totally agree. Had heard so much about this legendary show and then when I was it a few years ago in one

of the Countdown theater shows I was hugely disappointed. Couldn't figure out what all the acclaim was about.

RE: Crown 2007, not a boring show. Definitely a cheesefest, but not boring.

Edited by Tusayan

SCV - 89

Star - 93

Cavaliers - 02

PR - 10

Cadets - 05

Crown - 07 (Only the beginning)