Shows that you find boring that lots of people rave about

I am extremely annoyed by '88 Suncoast. I love the musical book, but the visual aspect kills it for me. The solo dancer, the pretentious guard, and the so-so drill (I will say that it was better than what I marched that year). Also, I hate the video because it cuts away during a great percussive moment (quad solo) to focus on guard.

Edited by InspaDave

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bd 10. 09. 08

scv 10, 08, 07, 06

cavies 09, 08, 07

glassmen...lots

BK...lots, but not '10

Cadets 05, 06, 07, 08...not really boring..just didn't like

Madison night of the iguana

Crossmen...haven't really enjoyed them much for years...

Garfield 84. Musically mildly interesting, but the drill is very unattractive. NOT the mold-breaker everyone seems to think it is IMO.

BD 2008,2009,2010.

Cavies 2008, 2010.

Cadets 1987, 2005.

I guess this is why they put salt & pepper on restaurant tables. Different tastes. Oddly enough, I think '08 "Samurai" was the Best Show I EVER saw, :thumbup: closely followed by '10 "Mad World" :thumbup: & '02 "Frameworks" :thumbup: . And to prove that I'm not totally biased, I thought The Cavaliers '09 "Great Divide" was among the most unexciting, yawn inducing Shows I'd seen. :thumbup: But then I saw...

BD '10! :thumbup:

Lance, can you justify your choices? Maybe go through each one and tell us why you found it boring?

For example, I find most recent Cavaliers shows to be boring because the audio component comes across as a series of musical "effects" that support visual or thematic elements, with little or no extended melodic content, and because of this I find these shows sterile and without emotional appeal.

They just didn't work for me. Doesn't mean they're bad or that anybody else is wrong for liking them. I like lots of things that other people don't, and I like lots of things that other people do.

Just the way things work.