Show ideas you'd want to see next year

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever done a "non-stop" show? By that I mean a show that really doesn't have defined "opener", "ballad", "closer" breaks for applause or what not. Music and movement just keep happening until the end of the piece.

Cadets 06, they pretty much don't stop the show except for the the girl opening the door but i don't even consider that a stop. opener goes right into the drumbreak which goes right into the ballad and the drums start the closer while the horns are still playing the ballad

I'd like to see Blue Devils do a straight-up hard-swinging crowd-pleaser of a show. No props, no story, no theme.

Kick arse BD jazz with the old uniforms.

:doh::tongue:

BD management, God wont strike you all down and the world wont end if yall do it............

Kick arse BD jazz with the old uniforms.

:doh::tongue:

BD management, God wont strike you all down and the world wont end if yall do it............

1988 Tux Ruffle Style? I always thought that was one of if not BD's best look.

1988 Tux Ruffle Style? I always thought that was one of if not BD's best look.

The 88 Look was entirely HOT from up top and down low. Extremely readable, the patent leather shoes were smokin hot and the guard look ... I wish that type of dress could be pulled off in a modern day show. Class to the Nth degree!

Someone should do a show titled "Unwritten History" or a concept would be about prehistoric times. I think it'd be pretty cool especially with all the exotic drumming that could be written. All that I would need to be in the show for it to work for me is music from Disney's "Dinosaur". The score is by James Newton Howard who allowed Pacific Crest to do parts of his "Blood Diamond" score in 2008. So we won't/shouldn't have the J. Williams problem. For those of you who have not heard the soundtrack....here are some samples

This one I think would be great for the ballad starting at around the 1:11 mark

I've been waiting for someone else to say it (I've said this far too many times), but I'd LOVE to hear BD or Madison do an entire show of Bill Chase music. Even some of his more "experimental" things would play very well today. I've always been surprised that more top corps don't utilize this source material. FutureCorps did a pretty good job with it though.

Still hoping for Zappa, though Gail would have to quit being so stingy with the rights to his music.

But...

Peaches en Regalia

Anything from The Yellow Shark

or anything from Strictly Genteel would be pure gold in drum corps arrangement!