Reading

I bet you watch a lot of Glenn Beck.

If you are truly "not saying any judge would do anything less" and you really are "not trying to discredit the adjudication panels", then why do you say that you are worried about anything. Saying those things doesn't give you a free pass to imply the judges would do anything other than their very best to get it right. No need for you to Hope and Pray that they do. I know many of the men and women on the DCA panel and I can tell you that the ones I am familiar with are highly qualified and have integrity.

BTW, which "good corps" has a "bad drumline"? Just curious. :rolleyes:

All I want to see is appropriate credit given where credit is due. Judge YOUR CAPTION and get those ordinals right and let the TOTAL SCORES fall where they may. You're not supposed to give the color guard (for example) their score based on the overall program. Just based on THEIR performance and how it relates to other guards.

I'm not trying to discredit the adjudication panels, I just think that some corps this year have either received a slight benefit or detriment based on the big picture when they were clearly better/worse in particular captions.

Remember that a good corps with a bad drumline shouldn't necessarily win. Likewise, a corps that loses every single caption should conceivably be able to win the show, if judged correctly.

So please, judge YOUR caption and your caption only. Judge it honestly and make the rating truly reflect what you're seeing. Again, I'm not suggesting that any judge would do anything less, I just pray that they do this weekend. It's a tight pack and it's been an interesting year, but it all comes down to this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably shouldn't say this publicly....

But I am going to call the Pennsylvania State Police and ask them to pull over the Buccaneers' buses on the corps' way to Rochester.

This will show, once and for all, that the Bucs, indeed, CAN be stopped. :rolleyes:

OK.... so I'm out of material here......

I bet you watch a lot of Glenn Beck.

If you are truly "not saying any judge would do anything less" and you really are "not trying to discredit the adjudication panels", then why do you say that you are worried about anything. Saying those things doesn't give you a free pass to imply the judges would do anything other than their very best to get it right. No need for you to Hope and Pray that they do. I know many of the men and women on the DCA panel and I can tell you that the ones I am familiar with are highly qualified and have integrity.

BTW, which "good corps" has a "bad drumline"? Just curious. :rolleyes:

1) Never watched Glenn Beck.

2) No need to get your underoos in a wad. Maybe I could clarify by saying that "I don't believe the judges would intentionally do something like that, and I'm just hoping that they bring their "A Game" to the stadium when looking at all the corps this weekend. I can appreciate how difficult their job is, and this year may be harder than any other. I just want to see everyone get the numbers they deserve. That's all.

3) Maybe I should have said "weaker" drumline as opposed to "bad" drumline? Don't get too caught up on that. I'm not implying anything here. All I meant was that if you have the best drumline out there, you should get the best drum score, even if your corps comes in 8th place. I could have said the same for color guard, brass, etc. Please don't put words in my mouth and then take offense at them.

the problem Sayre is the numbers YOU think they deserve may not be in touch with what's really going on with the judges and their sheets.

the problem Sayre is the numbers YOU think they deserve may not be in touch with what's really going on with the judges and their sheets.

Fair enough. Like I said, I'm sure they'll be on point. I guess I'm just getting anxious for what should be a really close race from top to bottom.

i haven't seen anybody so this is a shot in the dark. bucs win prelims and empire wins finals. home town wins the day. but i'm a homer so please don't flame me. now the reality.......bucs win.

But I am going to call the Pennsylvania State Police and ask them to pull over the Buccaneers' buses on the corps' way to Rochester.

Hey Fran!

Should that happen and I would just "happen" to be on one of those buses, can I have just one phone call too?

Ah, forget it! That is all.

Dave Faust

Edited by dafepd

NO.

Shiver.

Roman.

Blue.

Right, everyone has their own bias as to what is good... and it may not be what the judges are looking for. For instance with drumline... it is not just them that is being judged, but the front as well. In addition, judges are judging content and how musically that content is arranged. Ramming notes does not make a good percussion section, however playing cupcake materials cleanly doesn't make a good one either. The same scenario can be used for brass, guard or visual as well.

Many people find different things to be demanding or good, but if it is different than what a judge thinks, you will probably rank them differently than the judge. Just insight into why we sometimes disagree.

Right, everyone has their own bias as to what is good... and it may not be what the judges are looking for. For instance with drumline... it is not just them that is being judged, but the front as well. In addition, judges are judging content and how musically that content is arranged. Ramming notes does not make a good percussion section, however playing cupcake materials cleanly doesn't make a good one either. The same scenario can be used for brass, guard or visual as well.

Many people find different things to be demanding or good, but if it is different than what a judge thinks, you will probably rank them differently than the judge. Just insight into why we sometimes disagree.

You paint a picture as if no one here would be qualified to be a DCA judge, or have the integrity and knowledge to put numbers on paper and comments on tape.