DCA Heads South for 2012

Glen

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: I KNEW you'd find a way to spin it negatively.

Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium

550 Taylor Ave.

Annapolis, Md. 21401-2220

1513 miles

(one way)

Rochester Rhinos

460 Oak Street

Rochester, New York 14608

1589 miles

(one way)

76 miles x2 is 152 miles. Basically 3 hours NOT spent driving, relatively. Still not quite south, but with BBQ, there's hope. If they have sweet tea, then they're at least trying. Sorry but adding sugar to COLD tea is not quite the same. Plus not having to drive through Pennsylvania might save a few horns on the equipment vehicle. Clearly a better choice. And the Navy + Marine thing lends some hope to being able to cope with a little precipitation.

Still waiting for that airport to come to Texas...? Think they have one in Crawford (not really sure though) :rolleyes:

for those that want to complain about travel, remember, Annapolis has 3 pretty ####### big airports close by, and ones you should be able to get to without a ton of connections if any at all.

I have a feeling Fran that it would resemble Yoko Ono's recent performance at the Museum of Modern Art.

I still don't get it... five shots fired and not a single one hits her.

Probably no Chik-Fil-A on Sunday....

Of course not! Chik-Fil-A Saturday, though!

Dosen't matter, they take things VERY seriuos here. I have worked many Band Shows there, the place is spotless, the security is tight, no room for nonsense and like I said in a previous post, we had to be packed up and out before 10pm every show I worked there. Maybe DCA has worked an agreement with the Stadium, but I can't see all night playing and parties in the lot all night here.

I wasn't suggesting that everyone get stupid and reckless, just clarifying that it is a separate facility (even if the two are obviously related) and that some different rules may (or may not) apply, given the contract.

This is awesome news. Maybe I will add the old trip to Wildwood after DCA's back into my vacation plans next year.

. . .being that close to DC (and, yes, I know this is wishful thinking and two years out), any chance we might be able to get one of the service drum and bugle corps to play an exhibition?

Working on it... the Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps will be in Ireland that weekend supporting Navy football against Notre Dame. But there is a pretty amazing corps down in DC that I know of... ;)

Security will the same as it would be for any Div. I football game. There will be security at the gates (the same folks who run the Baltimore Ravens security, btw), and bags entering the stadium are searched.

We have had the awards ceremony for the USSBA Nationals after 10pm (closer to 10:30pm). But I don't see all night concerts going over too well with the surrounding residents. For Navy football games, the parking lot is clear 3 hours after the game.... although the games end around 6pm usually.

The stadium seats 34,000 total, but only 13,000 on the concert side.

Jeff