Giving it to Reading?

skeptic

Knowing Bruni and his design staff, adding the balloon wasn't done so for the extra push to catch Reading. It was done as part of the Statesmen style and the entertainment value. I guess one has to know the Bruni's and the history in order to fully understand how Empire does things on the field.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent point. after having spent a year there, I understand their philosophy much better

excellent point. after having spent a year there, I understand their philosophy much better

From an outsider it might seem cheesy, lame or whatever. Those are terms I've heard thrown out there on that style and philosophy, but I certainly disagree. I just couldn't image Statesmen having a different style than they do.

oh that had to hurt :thumbdown:

Nope - VOR (and the other poster) just shrugged it off as petty and insignificant, and then ignored every other point in the post. Even though I myself admitted that it was a minor consolation (although to beat them even once does indeed give credence to the idea that empire's version of GE is effective in the minds of some judges), people felt the need to attack me for the point.

That being behind us though, what about everything else? What about the post from after the reading show where we had the exact same "empire's GE is fluff" argument, where I laid out numerous examples to the contrary. Oh wait, you ignored that one too. Only arguing with people that aren't willing or able to present a well thought out argument in return is reason...its intelletual laziness, and I'm sensing a pattern with you there. Unfortunately, VOILaziness, doesnt have the same ring to it, so maybe you should put a disclaimer in your signature, because I doubt you're going to change your name :starwars:

So to me there was no doubt that MBI should have gotten the highest score in prelims (finals, it was close). They were on fire and Reading had a pretty sloppy show IMO. I feel it should have been MBI with the Bucs right behind them and Empire right behing them....

Did the judges give the Bucs a little more than they deserved because they had to perform in the mist and wind and MBI just in the wind? Seems that there was slotting involved for the top 5.

I would have just kept to myself on this but reading posts and talking to other people it seems I am not alone on this one, thoughts?

DCA judges NEVER give anything away.

Knowing Bruni and his design staff, adding the balloon wasn't done so for the extra push to catch Reading. It was done as part of the Statesmen style and the entertainment value. I guess one has to know the Bruni's and the history in order to fully understand how Empire does things on the field.

I Have Absolutely no idea what you are talking about :starwars::thumbdown:

59864_1607393668441_1344175054_1581478_4969104_n.jpg

Just to show that we CAN poke fun at ourselves, even if I disagree greatly with some people that cant see past the sink... :tongue:

I Have Absolutely no idea what you are talking about :starwars::thumbdown:

Just to show that we CAN poke fun at ourselves, even if I disagree greatly with some people that cant see past the sink... :tongue:

That is CLASSIC!

I can't remember a year that Empire didn't add something at finals,........................that is Statesmen Style! :dontgetit:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I Have Absolutely no idea what you are talking about :confused::dontgetit:

Just to show that we CAN poke fun at ourselves, even if I disagree greatly with some people that cant see past the sink... :shutup: