Southern percussion placement (shocking)

CCBD05

Great reply Joey!!!

Disagreement is one thing. Implying a bias or a lack of integrity on the part of the judges is another. Cut it out.

Make an argument that supports your position. Then discuss. To bandy about "Southern" corps getting the shaft because they are from the south sucks.

Is it just possible that Alliance didnt quite play all the notes on Sunday night and got a field score based on THAT performance, rather than on reputation or a simple regurgitation of their prelim number? Yup. Is it possible that Empire's ensemble numbers were based on THAT run rather than the prelim performance that had some real tense moments? Yup. And I'd say Stauff got it right.

Do I have a beef with a couple other numbers from where I sat? Maybe I do. But that is PART OF THE GAME. The guy on the field (or in the box) at DCA finals is not new.

To smear his reputation by claiming a bias hits below the belt.

And to spend too much time poring over the recap isnt really in the spirit of the competition.

Were the right corps in the right order when it all fleshed out? It looks ok to me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that my favorite "percussion guy" for the entire weekend was Alliance's Grim Reaper.

:guinesssmilie::music::hehe:

Edited by Fran Haring

All I know is that my favorite "percussion guy" for the entire weekend was Alliance's Grim Reaper.

:music::hehe::worthy:

Yeah! A real "Johnny One Note". Good one Fran :guinesssmilie:

Carolina Gold won Drums in Class A.

But Chris, we all know that Carolina isn't the south, and class a doesn't count. :guinesssmilie:

Ok, After DCA championships is overwith, I have seen a trend with the overall placement of southern corps in this activity, especially with percussion when it comes to overall placement. The fact that the Corpsvets with 10th and ALLIANCE was only 6th was shocking to me, seeing these two groups a good bit over the season. Also, after attending championships and seeing the competition I am baffled on how these placements were decided. First off, the Corpsvets percussion were not the worst ones at finals. That battery was stronger than the bottom third in my opinion, and although having a weak front ensemble, still put out a impressive product, and a product not seen by this group yet. I would have personally put them in an 8th spot. Now to Alliance. I really don’t understand how that group could get placed in that low a spot considering the product put on the field an the high level of consistency and excellence. I saw no weak spots in the ensemble what so ever, and except for MBI, who was amazing btw, did not feel like any other ensemble measured to their level and ability. Its time to realize that the southern corps might be putting out a product that is competitive with the big dogs of DCA and really and i would love to see them in the future years in the top 5. There is my two cents and I am open for criticism.

Looks like you caught us!!! We a have a "special" meeting in September in a undisclosed room in New Jersey with just the northeast corps management just to make sure we screw the southern drumlines during the next season.

####, You got us figured out finally

Jay

Bush

Alliance was 2nd in field percussion on Saturday, then 4th on Sunday. Ensemble issues caused the overall to be in 6th, and I have to agree with it (as did several folks around me that were much more educated percussionists). They got a fair score, as did everyone else.....

exactly. DCA has two sheets...one upstairs and one downstairs, and both corps had some upstairs issues, and IMO, Alliance was better in prelims.

Man, if Alliance played better in prelims, I'm annoyed I missed them, cause they were pretty smokin in finals. I wouldn't worry about placement too much. I don't think DCA's got it right from a fans point of view for a long time, but that's why they're judges. There were corps that were placed very low that I really liked, and there were corps that were placed really high that I didn't. And everything inbetween. My only complaint on the year is the constant re mixing of old DCI shows. A song, maybe 2, make your own, that's cool. Note for note, you'd better have your ducks in a row, or it's going to seem 2nd class, and I saw a bit of that this weekend. Loved Alliances show though, first or last I would have still jump out of my seat at the end.

Looks like you caught us!!! We a have a "special" meeting in September in a undisclosed room in New Jersey with just the northeast corps management just to make sure we screw the southern drumlines during the next season.

Isn't that place the "South Shall Not Rise Again" Lounge off Exit 12 in Carteret? :guinesssmilie:

Edited by Fran Haring

Isn't that place the "South Shall Not Rise Again" Lounge off Exit 12 in Carteret? :guinesssmilie:

What I want to know is why are the South guys claiming that Annapolis is not in the South. they never heard of two guys named Mason and Dixon? Sure is south of the Mason Dixon Line.