Finals weekend thoughts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um...it's code for...ummm...certain deals can be made here

Hmmm. My next door neighbours DID have a lot of late night parties on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Thanks. It all makes sense in retrospect.

"Illegitemi non carborundum est" - Don't let the bas##rds grind you down.

Doesn't carborundum mean burn?

I for one found it a great disappointment that there were just a few show reviews written this year. So don't let people scare you away from writing. I don't always agree with the reviews but most have valid points and I enjoy watching to see if I agree,

Because I judge so much I look at every review through judges eyes. After I judge a show I review myself and see what I missed. When I read a review, I often fine good points some ngative some positive that I missed.

Hopefully next year you regulars will be joined by more, keep at it.

thanks Dick. I often look at the show thru judges eyes too. It helps eliminate whatever few biases I still have14 years since I retired

Doesn't carborundum mean burn?

It's one of the components in grinding wheels and sand paper....

Edited by TennTux

I for one found it a great disappointment that there were just a few show reviews written this year. So don't let people scare you away from writing. I don't always agree with the reviews but most have valid points and I enjoy watching to see if I agree,

Because I judge so much I look at every review through judges eyes. After I judge a show I review myself and see what I missed. When I read a review, I often fine good points some ngative some positive that I missed.

Hopefully next year you regulars will be joined by more, keep at it.

Thanks, big guy. Personally, I hope to see you again in one way or another next year. Glad to know you're still out and about!!! :blink:

Thanks.

Most welcome.... :blink:

3 years in the "Lynn Vocational Technical Institute" (Lynn, MA) in "Manufacturing Trades" courses, 3 more at Tufts University for a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and 30+ years working in the trade... I'm glad I got something out of it....LOL

Edited by TennTux

I'm with Mr. Smith on this. Thank you, Big W and the others for reviewing the shows. Unfortunatly, I can't get to too many shows each summer, but I do like to 'keep in touch' with the activity.

By the way, what does 'sneakers on a wire' mean? I saw them in one of my old neighbourhoods, but didn't know there was any significance to that.

sneakers on a wire mean that the territory is a known selling spot which is claimed by individual dealers