Finals weekend thoughts

Those morons that send you hate mail should be singled out. Let their identity be known to everyone!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those morons that send you hate mail should be singled out. Let their identity be known to everyone!

It's not worth it. Stooping to that level only promotes more hostility. And frankly, (and I'm pretty sure Jeff can attest to this), the people who generally jump on reviewers aren't just common fans, but commonly include staff members, caption heads, and corps directors. And frankly, some of the comments I've had to stomach are nastier than RAMD ever was.

It's not worth it. Stooping to that level only promotes more hostility. And frankly, (and I'm pretty sure Jeff can attest to this), the people who generally jump on reviewers aren't just common fans, but commonly include staff members, caption heads, and corps directors. And frankly, some of the comments I've had to stomach are nastier than RAMD ever was.

I hope you change your mind , I agree there are a few " not just fans " posting trying to alter popular perception.

I enjoy your reviews , although sometimes IMHO you can be a little harsh on a corps , there are many ways to get your views across if you know where I am coming from.

And like the rest of the more active and more educated posters here , I wish someone would explain the giant white tarp!

( I thought my fossilized brain was incapable of comprehension )

Thanks for all your past reviewing efforts and I hope you change your mind.

Sayre, your reviews along with those of Jeff Ream, and more recently, 'Big W,' are among the best that appear here. Don't let a few people discourage you. They are disgruntled attention-seekers, and just because they disagree with a reviewer, they think that entitles them to be hostile and nasty.

The vast majority of folks on here appreciate what you and the other reviewers post. My 26 years as a teacher in NYC taught me to develop a 'thick skin' when it comes to criticism, and that's all you need too. Ignore the complainers.

I'm with Mr. Smith on this. Thank you, Big W and the others for reviewing the shows. Unfortunatly, I can't get to too many shows each summer, but I do like to 'keep in touch' with the activity.

By the way, what does 'sneakers on a wire' mean? I saw them in one of my old neighbourhoods, but didn't know there was any significance to that.

Edited by A Cavalier TDY

nah they amuse me. I don't get upset. if anything, i tweak em for entertainment

part of the problem is people get emotionally attached to their product and can't look at it objectively. I get that, I was there once too. I don't lose sleep over it.

and hey, I'm thrilled people like my reviews. I'm ok if people disagree. Love me hate me, just don't ignore me.

Thanks to all on the field for giving me something to type about

I'm with Mr. Smith on this. Thank you, Big W and the others for reviewing the shows. Unfortunatly, I can't get to many each summer, but I do like to 'keep in touch' with the activity.

By the way, what does 'sneakers on a wire' mean? I saw them in one of my old neighbourhoods, but didn't know there was any significance to that.

um...it's code for...ummm...certain deals can be made here

Sayre, your reviews along with those of Jeff Ream, and more recently, 'Big W,' are among the best that appear here. Don't let a few people discourage you. They are disgruntled attention-seekers, and just because they disagree with a reviewer, they think that entitles them to be hostile and nasty.

The vast majority of folks on here appreciate what you and the other reviewers post. My 26 years as a teacher in NYC taught me to develop a 'thick skin' when it comes to criticism, and that's all you need too. Ignore the complainers.

Have to echo John here.... Jeff, I enjoy yours especially - probably because I know from whence they're coming. No offense to Sayre or Big W.

"Illegitemi non carborundum est" - Don't let the bas##rds grind you down.