What the fans want...2011

What was that thing that John F. Kennedy said? "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"?

I wish more people took this attitude towards DCI.

:rolleyes:

hmm..not apples to apples...

not even apples to oranges...

more like apples to...uh...pencil sharpeners? cardboard box? wildebeest?

:rolleyes:

hmm..not apples to apples...

not even apples to oranges...

more like apples to...uh...pencil sharpeners? cardboard box? wildebeest?

How so? Many the legacy fans complain about what DCI should do for them, but putting out no plan for what they want to do for DCI. The world operates on a "what have you done for me lately" system, so what have you done for DCI lately?

Edited by WOOHOO

How so? All the legacy fans complain about what DCI should do for them, but putting out no plan for what they want to do for DCI. The world operates on a "what have you done for me lately" system, so what have you done for DCI lately?

Geesh, generalize much?

I, personally, have given tens of thousands of dollars, bought thousands worth of souvies, run a local show that takes months to organize, taken marketing ideas to Bob Jacobs, offered FDCI financing incentives to the executive staff, and two other major, ongoing things I don't want to mention here.

This is the wrong board to ask such questions. Most of those here are the hard-core fans who have given multitudes to the activity in various ways for upwards of decades.

Maybe ask this question on the Marching Band Planet boards for a more appropriate forum...

How much more of a "plan of action" would allow me to expect results?

EDIT: And most of those in the successful world operate on the premise of "It's amazing what can be accomplished when it doesn't matter who gets the credit". I certainly do.

Et tu, WooHoo?

Edited by garfield

How so? All the legacy fans complain about what DCI should do for them, but putting out no plan for what they want to do for DCI. The world operates on a "what have you done for me lately" system, so what have you done for DCI lately?

I've done my bit for DCI. I've prepared kids for Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Glassmen, Star, and Cavies.

What else would you have me do?

I've done my bit for DCI. I've prepared kids for Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Glassmen, Star, and Cavies.

What else would you have me do?

LOL I'm not saying EVERY "legacy" is like that, but many are. I don't know your personal experience, but if I don't mention you directly, I'm probably not talking about you.

LOL I'm not saying EVERY "legacy" is like that, but many are. I don't know your personal experience, but if I don't mention you directly, I'm probably not talking about you.

This is your sentence:

"All the legacy fans complain about what DCI should do for them, but putting out no plan for what they want to do for DCI."

You didn't specify a particular Legacy fan, or even say "many". You generalized, then dodged the reaction.

One can't cast the aspersion net much wider.

Edited by garfield

From the looks of things, it looked to me like the Legacy Fans supported the pre season show in the theatre the last few years more than the newer DCI crowd that tells us how much they love modern DCI shows.

What was that thing that John F. Kennedy said? "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"?

I wish more people took this attitude towards DCI.

Now fast forward from 1962 to 2010 and we have from the G-7 within DCI an updated version on the JFK quote:

" Ask not what you can do for DCI, but what you can do before DCI knows what you did ".

Edited by BRASSO

Probably should have renamed the thread title "What the fans of this millenium want....2011"

I want a Plan10 for DCP and a PlanB for DCI.