Cadets Design Team Begins 2011 Show Planning

Jeffrey grew on me too, in that athlete's foot kind of way.

they proved for years they could be cutting edge and fan friendly. Problem is, I don't think the system really works when it comes to combining the two

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats for the great design meeting Cadets!

I am excited you guys pulled Bruno on board! Im excited to see what the Cadets bring in '11 I think its gonna be another Great season for a lot of corps!!!

I have a request, IF yall can help me I need votes for my car to win a contest. I have several drum corps members helping me even a Cadet alumni from '77!!! Just google "the lame lebaron" or go to this link. I promise its not a scam The Cavaliers should be posting it tonight and DCI next week. Thanks guys I only have about 2 weeks left. here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...758&h=630b7

I'm all for getting the crowd on your side and all, but honestly, I'm a little frustrated at the fact that it's been 5 years since Cadets' last Championship, and by the way things look at this point, I can't say whether or not this sounds like a championship caliber show. Stranger things have happened though.

Should have been 3 years since the last championship.....

Anyway, I'm sure Cadets will put out a championship-caliber show soon. It seems like we are overdue, but I forget that BD went nearly a decade between championships.

I think it's quite possible we will end up seeing something completely different come spring training.

Quite possible? You're going out on a limb there! I don't think there's anyone who changes things quite as much as the Cadets.

I *do* hope they keep the "Contact" stuff -- it's got Cadet ballad written all over it.

Simply Irresistible -- don't believe that for a second.

other stuff? meh...

Edited by corpsband

Should have been 3 years since the last championship.....

Anyway, I'm sure Cadets will put out a championship-caliber show soon. It seems like we are overdue, but I forget that BD went nearly a decade between championships.

no they got it right in 07 sorry.

Only on finals night.

the problem was in the performance captions. possibly too much time spent on the caption

Quite possible? You're going out on a limb there! I don't think there's anyone who changes things quite as much as the Cadets.

I *do* hope they keep the "Contact" stuff -- it's got Cadet ballad written all over it.

Simply Irresistible -- don't believe that for a second.

other stuff? meh...

I agree with the "Contact" ballad idea. As of right now, I agree with most people that many things will change around by summer, but please KEEP the CONTACT BALLAD! Listen to this piece!

Jay Bocook + this piece= amazingdecilciousness on the football field :smile::thumbup:

Simply Irresistible is repetetive and has no musical depth. I believe if it hadn't been for the campy, over-the-top video the song would never have been a hit. The same 4 bars over and over would seem to be a hard sell on the field.

As has been mentioned, the concept changes significantly as more research is done and thought put into the show so I'd be astonished if this actually made it to the final drawing board.

It would be interesting to see a corps just pick some music that seems to work together and to heck with a theme. Let people come up with their own.

Edited by Wadep66

Simply Irresistible is repetetive and has no musical depth. I believe if it hadn't been for the campy, over-the-top video the song would never have been a hit. The same 4 bars over and over would seem to be a hard sell on the field.

As has been mentioned, the concept changes significantly as more research is done and thought put into the show so I'd be astonished if this actually made it to the final drawing board.

It would be interesting to see a corps just pick some music that seems to work together and to heck with a theme. Let people come up with their own.

I don't think there have many hit songs recently with "musical depth". Especially now; almost every pop song on Top-40 radio is the same 4 bars over and over. Doesn't seem to upset the masses.

And I'd trust the excellent staff at The Cadets to take anything and add depth and musicality to it, since they've been doing that for quite a while now. I'm have faith that the end product will be great, no matter the musical selection.

Edited by jaylogan