How will announced changes effect the corps?

I think the corps NOT announcing any major changes (i.e., BD, Bluecoats, Crown, Cadets, Blue Stars) have the advantage. Each of those corps already has great staffs and maintaining the same great talent can only help in the long run. The "rich" get richer.......

Are we confident corps who have not announced any changes, for example, Blue Stars, do have the same staff returning?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. He has done good work with a number of different groups (DCI and WGI). Paul Rennick wasn't winning drums before he got to Phantom and if my memory serves wasn't anywhere close to winning drums either. Also, who else (that's on the market) would have been better?

Hmm. He's done good work in WGI. As far as I'm concerned, his DCI resume is pretty thin. One year at SW (which I have first hand knowledge of) and a few years at Spirit and they weren't exactly banner Spirit years.

Hmm. He's done good work in WGI. As far as I'm concerned, his DCI resume is pretty thin. One year at SW (which I have first hand knowledge of) and a few years at Spirit and they weren't exactly banner Spirit years.

Well, that one year at SW the drum line was fantastic. The rest of the corps was not very strong and the percussion section was BY FAR the best thing going with the corps that year.. might explain why the whole show was written around them...

As far as Spirit goes, the percussion section was also the strongest section that they had there in his years too. While I know that those were not the best years for spirit as a drum corps in the years that he was there, but he certainly held his end of the bargain up.

I have never met this guy nor have I seen him work, but I do know that the last four years he has had the strongest performing section in the drum corps he has taught.

Well, that one year at SW the drum line was fantastic. The rest of the corps was not very strong and the percussion section was BY FAR the best thing going with the corps that year.. might explain why the whole show was written around them...

As far as Spirit goes, the percussion section was also the strongest section that they had there in his years too. While I know that those were not the best years for spirit as a drum corps in the years that he was there, but he certainly held his end of the bargain up.

I have never met this guy nor have I seen him work, but I do know that the last four years he has had the strongest performing section in the drum corps he has taught.

Oh it was, was it?

Edited by contrajedi8

Oh it was, was it?

Yes. I thought that was pretty obvious as did many others. It sure wasn't written around any other caption.

Yes. I thought that was pretty obvious as did many others. It sure wasn't written around any other caption.

Yeah. Never mind all those design meetings I listened to and sat in on.

Yeah. Never mind all those design meetings I listened to and sat in on.

LOL! Ok. Well, if you were in those meetings and the intent was not to highlight the percussion section then there just MIGHT have been some design flaws in the show.... Or maybe you did a great job designing to your strengths and minimizing your weaknesses (i.e reinforcing what I said in the first place about the percussion section).

I think the corps NOT announcing any major changes (i.e., BD, Bluecoats, Crown, Cadets, Blue Stars) have the advantage. Each of those corps already has great staffs and maintaining the same great talent can only help in the long run. The "rich" get richer.......

Agreed, assuming they dont have changes and arent just waiting to announce until theyve got replacements lined up and whatnot.

Are we confident corps who have not announced any changes, for example, Blue Stars, do have the same staff returning?

Im hoping that particular corps in particular is returning. Sometimes moving on and upgrading staff talent is a good thing... but at a certain point getting some staff stability can be a good thing as well if you have the right pieces together, which i think they do at this point. May have gotten the same placement as last year, but were very clearly much better in 2010 than 2009.

LOL! Ok. Well, if you were in those meetings and the intent was not to highlight the percussion section then there just MIGHT have been some design flaws in the show.... Or maybe you did a great job designing to your strengths and minimizing your weaknesses (i.e reinforcing what I said in the first place about the percussion section).

well, at Regiment he'll have Dan Farrell tell him what he has to do, so you can just point the finger at the "Director of Programs" if anything goes wrong.

well, at Regiment he'll have Dan Farrell tell him what he has to do, so you can just point the finger at the "Director of Programs" if anything goes wrong.

True. Either way, I think they will drum very well.