Who has won the most DCI titles?

DCI should speak to all member corps/alumni and seek out these folk.

They should be awarded some sort of official recognition. If not hall of fame then at least wheel them out onto the field during finals.

I LOVE your signature!

"Fave all time Drum Corp story...

Jim Wren - What do you mean the brass score isn't very complex?

DCUK Judge - I played 1812 in an orchestra and the trumpet parts are not very difficult.

Jim Wren - I know that but my trumpets are playing 1st & 2nd violin parts.

DCUK Judge - Oh."

Jim's a great arranger. Randy Bass also has a tendency to arrange like that...writing violins into the clarinet parts, cellos into trombones (now THAT's fun!). Stuff like that. Composer/arranger in Texas. Has been involved with Metropolitan Winds since its inception as Coppell Civic Wind Symphony.

He never won DCI.

I've won... zero.

wow, I suck.

You and me both. :tongue: I feel strangely out of place in this thread with all of this jewelry walking around. And on a side note, I have always been entertained by those shots of BD soloists with previous years' rings on over their gloves. Classic. I guess when you're a bad ### nobody calls you out on stuff like that. Then again, it IS BD. Goatee's? Rings on over gloves? Big deal.

Oh yeah, $1 to undefeated BD 94, my one year in Finals, two to the right in retreat (left if you were in the stands!).

nope, sorry. Both of them tied with a 19.6 at Finals. Star won Field Brass, BD took Ensemble Brass, and they tied for the total.

this

Pretty sure Scott Johnson has been a part of all of BD's Championships as both a marching and staff member: does that count? Or are we talking just people who won as MM's?

If you're including staff members, then that adds a whole new dimension to this record! The only one I know of for sure is George Hopkins, who has been the director at the Cadets for every single championship they have ever won (9). David Gibbs may have him beat though, not sure when he started.

Edited by MetalTones2012

If you're including staff members, then that adds a whole new dimension to this record! The only one I know of for sure is George Hopkins, who has been the director at the Cadets for every single championship they have ever won (9). David Gibbs may have him beat though, not sure when he started.

The record would be held by several BD staffers....Gibbs, ScoJo, and Downey (There for all 14).

'Course, if you want a TRULY impressive number to include staffers from the VFW days, I'd have to guess Don Warren at Cavies.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of Garfield Cadets girls in the guard that were sisters. Started in 82 when they were 10 or so ... and I think Shuey aged out in 94? I guess that would make it 6 for her.

I got one ...... one more than I ever expected. I wish I could have traveled around to a couple more corps before I aged out ... but it wasn't in the cards for me. I missed my last 2 years ... but I always felt I got everything I could have ever wanted out of drum corps in my 5 years. Tiny regret ... but not much.

Mellophonium-

No BD didn't win outright in '91. We had 4 Jim Otts hanging in corps hall until just a couple of years ago when a new corps came to make it their home.

Pretty sure Scott Johnson has been a part of all of BD's Championships as both a marching and staff member: does that count? Or are we talking just people who won as MM's?

lol well then there are plenty of people affiliated with BD that have TONS of rings. My buddys dad has a chain of rings that his dad and mom won while marching, all the rings from his dad being on the board of directors , and the ones my friend won while in B and A corps. i think they have around 8-10 rings ;) There is a booster I know who has a whole box of rings from forever ago......To answer your question i think we're talking about rings won by a single person marching haha

I LOVE your signature!

"Fave all time Drum Corp story...

Jim Wren - What do you mean the brass score isn't very complex?

DCUK Judge - I played 1812 in an orchestra and the trumpet parts are not very difficult.

Jim Wren - I know that but my trumpets are playing 1st & 2nd violin parts.

DCUK Judge - Oh."

Jim's a great arranger. Randy Bass also has a tendency to arrange like that...writing violins into the clarinet parts, cellos into trombones (now THAT's fun!). Stuff like that. Composer/arranger in Texas. Has been involved with Metropolitan Winds since its inception as Coppell Civic Wind Symphony.

He never won DCI.

Jim Wren & Marty Hurley were a great help to my corps. They gifted Phantom Regiments scores to us and travelled over to Scotland to instruct us. Hence my great love for Phantom Regiment.