Best drum corps video I've ever seen

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh..kinda kidding. Cadets are great at what they do, the kids are top performers, that video is great. The whole G7 thing stinks so bad and has left such a bad taste in my mouth for this corps (and the others). I get the example in the video of crushing an opponents spirit. The Cadets are crushing my spirit and the well produced video doesn't help how I see them anymore.

All that wonderful and this is what you heard? Not my business, but you might want to hit replay and expect more from yourself.

HH

Ehh..kinda kidding. Cadets are great at what they do, the kids are top performers, that video is great. The whole G7 thing stinks so bad and has left such a bad taste in my mouth for this corps (and the others). I get the example in the video of crushing an opponents spirit. The Cadets are crushing my spirit and the well produced video doesn't help how I see them anymore.

But you'll still be cheering for those other corps, I'm sure. :tongue:

Either way, this is a great video. DCI should produce something like this for the entire activity and put THAT on one of the movie theater previews.

All that wonderful and this is what you heard? Not my business, but you might want to hit replay and expect more from yourself.

HH

I watched more than once. As I said, the video is great. Effective layering of music and visual, great shots, awesome slo-mo. As long as you are making it personal I'll suggest that you might want to skip the fluff and expect more from the corps you support.

AWESOME. Love it. And I love that they had a great show to inspire people this year.

And I also chuckled at around 7:01 when the person speaking was bragging about being in step every where they go.......then watch the corps pass the busses..... not in step.

BUT, it was a great production and I loved it. Great job.

THIS:

DCI should produce something like this for the entire activity and put THAT on one of the movie theater previews.

And I also chuckled at around 7:01 when the person speaking was bragging about being in step every where they go.......then watch the corps pass the busses..... not in step.

I'm so glad that someone else saw this :P

I'm so glad that someone else saw this :P

I think we all saw it ... and hung our head when it happened. I guess I didn't say anything because that's about the only glitch in the entire vid other than Hop saying, "Let's give it another TRY". guhhhh

TRY? Really?

Everything else was superbly done. DCI has been trying to do vignettes like this for over 25 years ... but this is by far the closest I've seen to any production coming close to exposing the drum corps experience and lifestyle. It's pretty spot on and shows the fierce side of the mental game that we play in this activity.

Edited by supersop

I think we all saw it ... and hung our head when it happened. I guess I didn't say anything because that's about the only glitch in the entire vid other than Hop saying, "Let's give it another TRY". guhhhh

TRY? Really?

Everything else was superbly done. DCI has been trying to do vignettes like this for over 25 years ... but this is by far the closest I've seen to any production coming close to exposing the drum corps experience and lifestyle. It's pretty spot on and shows the fierce side of the mental game that we play in this activity.

Wait, you mean the beer announcer being the narrator wasn't good enough for you? :tongue:

I agree. You gotta give the Cadets a lot of props for being a pioneer in even THIS portion of the activity. The All access pass was a unique thing for about a year until everyone else picked up on it.

Like. great movie.

Edited by cwillpayne