Spirit of Atlanta

At the 2011 season kickoff party held in Atlanta on Sunday, the Board of Directors and staff of Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps announced that the corps wiill now be known as Spirit of Atlanta. The surprise announcement was met with excitement and applause as alumni, staff, and members gathered to celebrate the success of the past year and officially launch the 2011 season. "Moving back to Atlanta last year was such a thrill for our membes, alumni, and fans. Now our name makes it clear, we are home!" Executive Director, Joel Vincent, said of the announcement.

www.spiritdrumcorps.org

OK. This almost makes up for the Giants losing tonight!

Only think that would make it perfect for me would be to see the delta and the baby blues come back and to hear Georgia, Let It Be Me, Los Hermanos De Bop, Blues In The Night or Porgy and Bess in a future show.

Edited by skajerk

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Spirit of Atlanta board members!!!!

That's just good news. Seems to me their identity has been juggled around with no clear spot to land. Spirit of Atlanta just sounds right. I mean, can you imagine, "Madison of UWM"?

:smile:

Perfect!