Important Drum Corps Lost?

I was browsing youtube the other day and came across this...

Talk about bringing back memories of hearing this every parade and retreat and to this day when I am hiking or walking a LONG way this pops into my head and I find myself basically doing a parade walk. Has ANYONE kept any of these street beats for the record or history?

Talk about bringing back memories of hearing this every parade and retreat and to this day when I am hiking or walking a LONG way this pops into my head and I find myself basically doing a parade walk. Has ANYONE kept any of these street beats for the record or history?

Blech. Awful. Just horrible. In all regards, writing, playing, cheesy keyboard...everything. I want that 1 1/2 minutes back.

Suddenly, today's chop 'n bop arrangements don't seem all that bad. If we've lost this, I'd say we've moved forward.

Wow, I'm a horn player and IMO stick height on the left side (big red) snare sucked.....

Just kept looking at the "look how high I can go" and how impressive it is with same heights across a line.... LOL, guess I spent enough time around our snares when they work at keeping playing tech the same.

Not that I even notice stuff like that normally... :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Sadly, YouTube has given us the ability to preserve and immortalize these awful relics of the past...This was a cadence back in the day?

Horrific.

Boy, was that a dopey bad rendition of a parade street beat, huh ? Why even have bass drums if the bass drums have no bass at all. And the formica countertop sound of the snares is simply gawdawful. The whole thing is a complete mess. In the spirit of the Halloween season, they all should be drawn and quartered, then burned at the stake.

Edited by BRASSO

Actually, what I was referring to; has ANYONE kept recordings of these street beats from the actual corps that played them? Of course this drum line wasn't the Phantom Regiment drumline, that wasn't the point. What is truly sad here on DCP are the constant shots taken without anyone's talent or ability being brought to light, having actually seen some of the talent up close and personal in sectionals..I dare say if people are worshiping the playing today they would be prostrated on the ground 20 years ago giving their first born, but I digress. What the point WAS is that are there any records or recordings of corps street beats DONE by the corps themselves?

QUOTE (Geoff @ Oct 31 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Horrific.

Boy, was that a dopey bad rendition of a parade street beat, huh ? Why even have bass drums if the bass drums have no bass at all. And the formica countertop sound of the snares is simply gawdawful. The whole thing is a complete mess. In the spirit of the Halloween season, they all should be drawn and quartered, then burned at the stake.

Wow, you guys must be really great to be so critical.

No wonder this activity is going down.

QUOTE (Geoff @ Oct 31 2010, 04:37 PM) *

Horrific.

Wow, you guys must be really great to be so critical.

No wonder this activity is going down.

That's the reason the activity is going down, alright. :thumbup:

I never criticized the players. The arrangement was...dull and cheesey. Different generations, I guess.