Mr. Sondheim says...

:tongue:

Sorry, I try not to join in to the reindeer games....but the sentence I bolded above, is one of the funniest I've seen.

Don't you hate it when Dr. Pepper gets up your nose?

And if my statement caused it, a "quote" of mine saying something bad about a corps or their show would be a much more effective "gotcha" response......I'll wait. :tongue:

Now, if you mean my responses to the Blather Brigade...that's a fair cop!

With no urge to drag this out any longer, I will simply say Jeff, that I had no intension of pushing anyone's buttons here. However, it appears that when it comes to my posts, corpsband is "self-pushing" (and you could go blind from that!).

He stated that I am a homer...perhaps, but if I respond to inaccuracies or comments that lay out there like dead fish on a hot day, it's not so much that, as an attempt to present a different viewpoint or truth as I see it. Further, because I say nothing bad about other corps or their shows, I suppose I am a universal homer. Corpsband (the poor fellow) was locked in a pitched battle over prevailing outcomes all last season and it seems to have pinched his nose a bit. But we all get over it.. I think!

Finally, I am not remotely angry or upset about anyone who doesn't find favor or "unconditional love" for my favorite or any corps and their presentations, I only remind those involved in the ongoing thread that what may appear to some as obvious, may be tempered by things other than what's on the field. I don't drink cool aid, particularly his brand and have not, nor do I plan on labeling you (my fellow VW having friend) a hater! That's just bizarre. Be careful you don't get into that "self-pushing" business.

i'd agree with universal if you jumped to everyone's defense

So which corps did this Mr. Sondheim work for anyway?

And for all is highfalutin poetry, he still never successfully rhymed "orange."

Send in the Clowns worked for SCV pretty well. And Sunday in the Park With George worked well for the Colts. 27 and the Crossmen, not so much, unfortunately.

And maybe he never rhymed orange, but he did find a rhyme for "personable" and pulled off the greatest two quatrains in history (in "Night Music") AND wrote the single greatest song lyric ever ("Rose's Turn.") All of which means a lot to drum corps. Not.

i'd agree with universal if you jumped to everyone's defense

That, in fact, is a reasonable point...well taken.

I normally stay out of the brawls (not involving BD), because of my lack of knowledge/background in other corps' stuff... and particularly because anyone sporting a BD logo around DCP is just grist for the mill...but you are correct and that's a fair criticism.

Send in the Clowns worked for SCV pretty well. And Sunday in the Park With George worked well for the Colts. 27 and the Crossmen, not so much, unfortunately.

And maybe he never rhymed orange, but he did find a rhyme for "personable" and pulled off the greatest two quatrains in history (in "Night Music") AND wrote the single greatest song lyric ever ("Rose's Turn.") All of which means a lot to drum corps. Not.

very well for Bush aswell as Sweeney Todd...and hey didn't BD "do" some Sweeney Todd?

That, in fact, is a reasonable point...well taken.

I normally stay out of the brawls (not involving BD), because of my lack of knowledge/background in other corps' stuff... and particularly because anyone sporting a BD logo around DCP is just grist for the mill...but you are correct and that's a fair criticism.

:tongue:

Don't you hate it when Dr. Pepper gets up your nose?

And if my statement caused it, a "quote" of mine saying something bad about a corps or their show would be a much more effective "gotcha" response......I'll wait. :tongue:

Now, if you mean my responses to the Blather Brigade...that's a fair cop!

The laughter was over the idea that you are a universal homer. While you don't disparage any corps, it is incredibly evident in just about every post you write, which group you are a homer for.

There's nothing wrong with being a homer for a group you believe in....but to pretend otherwise is pretty funny.

Sincerely,

CuriousMe

Unabashed Homer

The laughter was over the idea that you are a universal homer. While you don't disparage any corps, it is incredibly evident in just about every post you write, which group you are a homer for.

There's nothing wrong with being a homer for a group you believe in....but to pretend otherwise is pretty funny.

Sincerely,

CuriousMe

Unabashed Homer

"Pretend"? :tongue: Man..the trolls are really chumming the water! Go find a different game fish, this one ain't bitin'!

"Pretend"? :tongue: Man..the trolls are really chumming the water! Go find a different game fish, this one ain't bitin'!

Sorry you felt that stating the obvious was a troll. Are you really saying that you're not a homer? And no, I don't mean that you're a universal homer. There's a definite pattern to your posts.

Again, I didn't say that I wasn't, let's speak the truth here.

Sorry you felt that stating the obvious was a troll. Are you really saying that you're not a homer? And no, I don't mean that you're a universal homer. There's a definite pattern to your posts.

Again, I didn't say that I wasn't, let's speak the truth here.

He's already admitted it.

I normally stay out of the brawls (not involving BD), because of my lack of knowledge/background in other corps' stuff

It's pretty clear what he's saying. Don't ask me about any other corps. But you can ask me anything you want about BD :tongue:

So we have someone who can recite the company line about his team but doesn't feel qualified to discuss anyone else.

Hmm....what's that called?