Carolina Crown 2010

I think crown should have come in 1st this year. Or at least in 2009 because that was just upsetting.
Oh look. It's this thread again.

No to both.

Another high school bando has joined our ranks. Just give him some time to chill and come to his senses. :P

In all seriousness, there was no moment where I think Crown should have won a title. Not even close. While Crown is a good corps, they've had to rely too often on other corps having off-years. With Blluecoats, Cavies and BD in top form, they left Crown in the dust.

This. Judges had every one right except 7th/8th this past year. That should have been a flip. Crown was where they belonged in 2010. 2009??????? Should have been much closer, or flipped with BD IMHO.

Ah....no. If anything, the spread should have been greater.

Another high school bando has joined our ranks. Just give him some time to chill and come to his senses. :P

In all seriousness, there was no moment where I think Crown should have won a title. Not even close. While Crown is a good corps, they've had to rely too often on other corps having off-years. With Blluecoats, Cavies and BD in top form, they left Crown in the dust.

A bando all the way from Kenya, even! Imagine that...

Was it the new or old closer that was like exactly the same as 2009?

Ok homie i see where your coming from but honestly what do you have to say about 2009 that show was absolutely brilliant.

I LOVE the Blue Devils, but can't remember the last time they were my favorite show (2003-4?) And, as an alumnus, I would never slam them and couldn't be prouder of their accomplishments.......they just ain't first on my playlist nowadays.

For me it was 2004 Summertrain Blues Mix, still a favorite on my iPod

Not a fan of anything they've done since then.

Ok homie i see where your coming from but honestly what do you have to say about 2009 that show was absolutely brilliant.

... in your opinion.

In the judges eyes, Blue Devils were superior.

I will say though, I think Crown probably has some of the more creative and accessible show concepts out there lately.

This. Judges had every one right except 7th/8th this past year. That should have been a flip. Crown was where they belonged in 2010. 2009??????? Should have been much closer, or flipped with BD IMHO.

I agree after seeing both many times, 7th/8th should have been switched but I also believe 9th/10th should of been flipped as well.

For me it was 2004 Summertrain Blues Mix, still a favorite on my iPod

Not a fan of anything they've done since then.

Same for me.

2009 is the first show since then that was musically entertaining; however, it took a long time for me to get over the use of electronics (from them and any other corps). I mean, execution was superb, but who wants to hear a piano break in a drum corps show?