Carolina Crown 2010

As much as I hate quoting myself, Carolina Crown and the Bluecoats have CONSISTENTLY been achieving audience entertainment as well as competitive momentum in this area.

Carolina Crown has been showing " competitive momentum " ?

2009 Finals Finish and score...........2nd place 97.500

2010 Finals Finish and score...........4th place 95.950

Who knows if Crown can get back to the top 3 in 2011. But the notion that they have " competitive momentum " going for them here is simply not borne out by the facts.

Who knows if Crown can get back to the top 3 in 2011. But the notion that they have " competitive momentum " going for them here is simply not borne out by the facts.

You can't decide competitive momentum based on just two years.

What did Phantom do leading up to their championship:

2002-5

2003-4

2004-5

2005-3

2006-2

2007-4

2008-1

Crown since 05:

2005:7

2006:8

2007:6

2008:4

2009:2

2010:4

I'd say they still have some momentum... going from 2 to 4 isn't really a big drop. And you can NEVER compare scores from year to year... you can't even compare scores show to show in a season. Placements and spreads maybe... but not the actual scores.

What?! Are you saying that this is actually possible? :smile:

Yes. This is actually possible.

I LOVE the Blue Devils, but can't remember the last time they were my favorite show (2003-4?) And, as an alumnus, I would never slam them and couldn't be prouder of their accomplishments.......they just ain't first on my playlist nowadays.

If by definition a SINGLE year's outcome disqualifies the concept of "momentum", you would be correct. However, I think you are picking at straws. In business, chart graphs that show "momentum" rarely ever show a constant upwards motion, there are small ups and downs. I was referring to their overall progress.

09 yes.. (and if not, the margin was definitely too large) 10.. loved the show, but no.

Oh look. It's this thread again.

No to both.

I think the placements this year were correct. I can see a slight argument over 7th/8th SCV/BS but every other place was spot on in my opinion.

This. Judges had every one right except 7th/8th this past year. That should have been a flip. Crown was where they belonged in 2010. 2009??????? Should have been much closer, or flipped with BD IMHO.