Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

I'm also intrigued as to what the uniforms, yes uniforms, will be this year.

Jumpsuit is what you mean. They stopped wearing uniforms in 2010 - and as for what I have heard about cool patterns and designs on this year's costume, they are going even further away from any uniform. Once a corps looks like a member of WGI, they are no longer wearing a uniform.

• Like 2

Once a corps looks like a member of WGI, they are no longer wearing a uniform.

Is everyone in the corps wearing the same thing? Then it's a uniform. Hence the word, uniform. Doesn't matter if it's an Adidas track-suit for a Russian Mob field show. The fact that it has diverged from its military roots is irrelevant.

• Like 9

Jumpsuit is what you mean. They stopped wearing uniforms in 2010 - and as for what I have heard about cool patterns and designs on this year's costume, they are going even further away from any uniform. Once a corps looks like a member of WGI, they are no longer wearing a uniform.

Just because their alumni don't throw a hissy fit when they change it ever year, and just because they're not having a special little party/get-together/kiss ### ceremony about their uniforms during the season - doesn't mean it's not a uniform.

• Like 3

Ditto. I think the changeable uniform concept is genius.

I think there are positives and negatives to it. I think it's great that they change them to fit the show every year - helps you remember them. "remember the green year?"

However it must get expensive. God knows I couldn't come up with a new design every year either lol.

I think there are positives and negatives to it. I think it's great that they change them to fit the show every year - helps you remember them. "remember the green year?"

However it must get expensive. God knows I couldn't come up with a new design every year either lol.

Remember that jacket style was used for 3 years.....07- Triple Crown, 08- Finis & 09- Greener and the inserts were changed until the change in 10.

I can not wait until things are officially released...this board will LIGHT UP!

• Like 3

Is everyone in the corps wearing the same thing? Then it's a uniform. Hence the word, uniform. Doesn't matter if it's an Adidas track-suit for a Russian Mob field show. The fact that it has diverged from its military roots is irrelevant.

+1 to that. Drum corps uniforms (except maybe the Cadets) stopped looking like anything remotely military long before 2010.

• Like 1

Point is look at any catalog theses designers are all designing the same thing different colors...WGI has been great for many things but some of these self appointed designers are killin drum corps. Well that can also be said of the GE people doing Drum Corps shows.. from WGI lol :tongue:

Just because their alumni don't throw a hissy fit when they change it ever year, and just because they're not having a special little party/get-together/kiss ### ceremony about their uniforms during the season - doesn't mean it's not a uniform.

EXACTLY! It's so sad that you can't do anything cool, new, or innovative in drum corps nowadays without some dinosaur-purist #####ing about it!

• Like 2

Now I'm confused. Aren't you the same person who was defending The Cadets' uniform changes this year? So you're ok with them making changes but when Crown does it, they just look crazy? I can't, for the life of me, figure out why on God's green earth so many people even CARE what ANY corps wears EVER! IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC, PEOPLE! Everything else doesn't even matter!

• Like 4

Now Now, it's just peoples opinions on uniforms in general....although I would encourage Cadets to do what they want and not worry about a few , theres no reason to attack anothers sentiment or cermony of their tradition especially since they have been around long before us and will be around long after.

• Like 2