Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

What I meant was the "DCI Fan Network Fan Choice Award". They have won that award a few years in a row now.

Thanks for clarfying that you actually were referring to those who participated in the DCI Fan Network poll. Fair enough.

If someone has an argument to call Crown's uniforms "costumes" then logically every other corps' uniforms can then be considered "costumes" as well. So based on the definitions of "costume" from the dictionary...

Is Crown's uniform a style of dress especially one that is peculiar to a nation, region, group, or historical period?

-well no more than the Blue Devil's, Cadets' or any other corps' uniform is a style of dress. But it definitely isn't peculiar to any nation, region, group, or time period... so no.

Is Crown's uniform dress or garb characteristic of another period, place, person?

-Not exactly. It seems to be characteristic ONLY of modern drum corps... but all of the uniforms currently used are characteristic of modern drum corps because.. they are being currently being used in modern drum corps. So, All drum corps uniforms can also be considered "costumes" in this sense. But to make that kind distinction is silly.

IS Crown's uniform fashion of dress appropriate to a particular occasion or season?

-If the occasion is to perform in a drum corps show... but again, this applies to ALL other uniforms as well.

The point is that based on definitions there can be NO distinction between what Crown wears as a uniform and what any other corps wears as a uniform. It is impossible to prove to that Crown uses "costumes" while all the other corps use uniforms. The definitions of the words do not lend themselves to make any kind of distinction. It's a uniform. If someone calls it a costume, they are calling all other corps uniforms costumes aswell.

Can we start a thread on this? I don't mind admitting that this stuff making me crack up and it's a shame to be buried in this thread!

No insults intended to anyone involved. It's just such classic DCP. We're ridiculous :-)

• Like 2

Can we start a thread on this? I don't mind admitting that this stuff making me crack up and it's a shame to be buried in this thread!

No insults intended to anyone involved. It's just such classic DCP. We're ridiculous :-)

Keeping it REAL is ridiculous business corpsband!

Edited by charlie1223

Every single drum corps wears costuming. Some of that costuming is military inspired or was at some point.

• Like 1

you mean to tell me they're not REALLY in the military?

wow, i feel dumb

You'd think it would be more common knowledge but so many people keep claiming that "costuming" is a derogatory term. :tongue:

A real drum corps would march naked

Definitely the best post you have ever made, arguably one of my favorite of DCP. So classic in its simplicity

Hoping for bigger and better things from Crown this year. Hoping for better uniforms because last year's was hideous, and hoping for far less "dancing hornline" :ph34r:

• Like 3