Complete DCI 2011 Tour Schedule

Do you know any of the details regarding the financial arrangements for the TOC-2011 shows?

You're kind of assuming that these show are being run as proposed in the PPT.

The only thing I've seen is that they are using the different format at these shows. No other details have surfaced. Please share what you know.

all I know is the ppt. I'm sure that all of things in the powerpoint have not been implemented, but the problem is that these corps already laid out that that is the direction they want to go. Just because they didn't get everything they wanted this year, doesn't mean they aren't going to come back in a year or two and say "look how successful these shows were, we need X, Y, and Z from the original proposal." That is what I'm worried about.

If DCI splits into 8 corps and 16 other corps, I honestly don't think it's going to last very long.

all I know is the ppt. I'm sure that all of things in the powerpoint have not been implemented, but the problem is that these corps already laid out that that is the direction they want to go. Just because they didn't get everything they wanted this year, doesn't mean they aren't going to come back in a year or two and say "look how successful these shows were, we need X, Y, and Z from the original proposal." That is what I'm worried about.

If DCI splits into 8 corps and 16 other corps, I honestly don't think it's going to last very long.

I don't know what to think. If DCI said "Ok, we'll give the format a try" but did nothing else -- DC is on one path. If the revenue-split as described by the G7-PPT is underway -- DC is on a substantially different path. Someone must have some more details about the TOC....

Okay, I'm going to throw this out there and then retreat back into my Anonymity Corner for awhile....

It's an observation/suggestion for those disagree with the whole G8 concept:

I'm not asking you to like the concept, but can you please at least find a way to give it a chance? Let's be honest, DCI needs this to go well. I liken this very much to a Presidential election; you may not agree with the point of view of the guy who got in on several issues, but for the sake of the country you need to hope he does well while he's there because a lack of any kind of success is only bad for the country. I'll throw this out there as a specific example: I'm not an Obama-supporter, but if the guy is going to get his way, then I need to hope that he's right and I'm wrong about what's best for the country because if he gets his way and he's wrong, it's not good for any of us. I'd be thumbing my nose at him from the unemployment line, which wouldn't be anything to take pride in.

Same thing applies to DCI and the G8. Many disagree with it, quite a few outright hate it, but for the sake of DCI as a whole we need to hope it does what they advertise it as: an opportunity to open up this activity to new fans, increase the exposure in new ways to existing ones, create interest in more shows, eventually motivate more kids to tryout, and overall increase the brand (and especially the revenue) of DCI so that it maintains viability in a world that is increasingly disinterested in a fine arts-based activity.

Do I hope that eventually this activity has built itself to a competitive point where the G8 can be an ever-changing list of corps? Abso-freaking-lutely. How cool would that be if 5 years from now we're writing about how exciting it would be for Blue Devils and Crossmen to be going head-to-head, or Cascades against the Colts. But let's be honest at this point about who casual fans want to see most.

If I'm a casual basketball fan and the NBA is going to initiate a new kind of in-season exhibition, I want to see the Lakers, Celtics, Heat, and Thunder pioneer that sucker, because if it is something the perceived "elite" can't pull off effectively, then it's a decent guess the Clippers and Nets don't stand a chance. Would I hope as an ardent basketball fan it would grow into something of equal interest no matter who is involved? Of course, but to start it needs the involvement of the teams with the most recognizable brands and best resources to make it work. Just look at the trouble the NFL has when sending the Bills and 49ers to London for an international match-up.

This was longer than intended, but I'm just saying give it a chance. Not "drink the Koolaid" and say this is the greatest things ever, but at least try to recognize that we need this to do well for the sake of DCI so that this activity develops and survives. This concept has already helped generate more shows and a longer schedule, both good things considering some of the criticisms on this very board the last few years.

honestly...none close enough to make me even curious. not that I really was

• Like 1

I don't know what to think. If DCI said "Ok, we'll give the format a try" but did nothing else -- DC is on one path. If the revenue-split as described by the G7-PPT is underway -- DC is on a substantially different path. Someone must have some more details about the TOC....

no one that will leak them :mat:

Cadets are not performing in NJ? Alumni must love this!

closest show to NYC in August is Allentown?

This alumna is thrilled!! Cadets will be at a show in my hometown on the west coast!!!! :mat:

No NC shows again . . .

Oh well.

*sigh* But, the "Charlotte" show will be a ToC show, maybe I'll chance the rainout, and a day off work, and a hotel room, and go to that show this year.

Kalamazoo gone? That kinda bites considering finals is 3 hours down the road from there and we always pack that stadium. Did I not see a Toledo show? I guess it's Grand Rapids in June. YAY :mat: