Complete DCI 2011 Tour Schedule

hop will say something eventually -- he can't help himself :mat:

he isn't my usual source tho

two big ones here in Erie, with none of the greedy ones! :mat:

cool. not up to 6 hours drives tho

Let me help with this a bit. ALL LINEUPS ARE PRELIMINARY. It's only November. I will wager shows will get moved, dropped and added before May of next year. Also, corps will get added to some select shows.

It looks like there are more events? Yes? Also looks like at least 8 corps are getting more shows. And finally, I predict the Mesa show will be sold out this summer. I envision folks on the back sideline. What would you pay to sit on the back sideline? $8? $5?

Wouldn't it be great if DCI couyld see the advantage of having the stadium completely filled with rabid, screaming drum corps fans? A SOLD OUT DCI Championships is not out of the question! How? Sell tickets on the sidelines and the back side for only $10.00 each! Imagine the lines at the consessions. Even better, the mobs of people spending money at each of the corps souvie wagons/booths! Talk about added income! If the G-8 wants to increase income, this is one way to do it!

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

Thoughts:

Why isn't Jersey Surf on the schedule for either night at Allentown?

Typo, will be corrected.

Can anyone help out a confused Brit?

Whats this whole Tour of Champions, are they exclusive events only for what you call the "G8"?

Surely putting a divide like that is quite negative for the organisation?

Yes it is. It essentially created the institutionalization of a group slotting system within the DCI World Class Division with the imprimatur of the DCI Organization itself. At one time in the not too distant past, one was considered a conspiratist to suggest that there was " slotting " in Drum Corps. But that once contentious issue has been settled once and for all now, and we have come to the realization now that " slotting " is not only something that takes place, but that it can be planned for in advance. The group slotting in the World Class Division for this year is based upon the on field competitive results of last year. So Corps this year will have an advantage in recruitment, scheduling, judging, revenue sharing, the whole 9 yards, over others. This will enable a group slotting system to permanemtly perpetuate the lopsided advantage of a few World Class Corps to the detriment of other World Class Division Corps. It's a rigged system that no other competitive enterprise would tolerate, as it tilts the competition field now right from the get go to a few select Corps. Competition is no longer free and open. It is a stacked deck. And that is simply an undeniable fact if people are honest about it.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm not asking you to like the concept, but can you please at least find a way to give it a chance? Let's be honest, DCI needs this to go well.

I don't even agree with that premise. Why must this particular subset of DCI events go well, rather than the rest of DCI's season?

I liken this very much to a Presidential election; you may not agree with the point of view of the guy who got in on several issues, but for the sake of the country you need to hope he does well while he's there because a lack of any kind of success is only bad for the country. I'll throw this out there as a specific example: I'm not an Obama-supporter, but if the guy is going to get his way, then I need to hope that he's right and I'm wrong about what's best for the country because if he gets his way and he's wrong, it's not good for any of us. I'd be thumbing my nose at him from the unemployment line, which wouldn't be anything to take pride in.

Sorry, but I don't quite buy into the idea of hoping stupidity succeeds just this once. That only breeds more stupidity.