Judging the "Tour Of Champions" Shows?

This thread displays the regrettable short term memory some folks have in the drum corps community. This isn't about enjoying a new show format. This is about validating a mutiny of drum corps by self-important directors, and I will never believe their rhetoric concerning "it's all about the kids, their growth in the arts, and music education" again. Why? These directors' actions have devalued the accomplishments of every person that is not a member of a G7 corps. By supporting these shows, you confirm these directors' conclusions about the worth of their overbloated product and their particular brand of politics. Don't support it.

Based on your post if others feel the same way I should be able to get premo seats for upcoming shows. For me it's about all about value and has nothing to do with the supposed G7-8 Scheme.

Unfortunately I don't live close enough to finals to go every year to see top to bottom quality. So, while they are in town or close by I see them. For shows that are close that don't have the top to bottom quality I save my money.

Failed proposal = mutiny? Newsflash: the proposal was not passed. The DCI membership apparently did however find some value in giving the new show format a trial.

Quit revising history. The proposals weren't passed because a bunch of good people booted these goobers off the board before the coup occurred. Remember; these directors threatened to bolt if their demands weren't met. The TOC shows are a mere appeasement to keep the G7 in the fold, but I can guarantee we haven't heard the last of the G7 starting their own supercorps circuit.

Simon Cowell and Howard Stern. then corps will beg to have Chuck King again

Based on your post if others feel the same way I should be able to get premo seats for upcoming shows. For me it's about all about value and has nothing to do with the supposed G7-8 Scheme.

The G7 directors hope that enough people will fill in the seats that are left vacant by boycotters. I would hope that everyone thinks about the thousands of non-G7 members that were deemed persona non grata before plunking down that money.

Edited by wallace

Unfortunately I don't live close enough to finals to go every year to see top to bottom quality. So, while they are in town or close by I see them. For shows that are close that don't have the top to bottom quality I save my money.

and when they are down to 8 corps, and realize Phantom is dragging down the product, you will support them cutting the shows to only 6 corps, right?

and when they are down to 8 corps, and realize Phantom is dragging down the product, you will support them cutting the shows to only 6 corps, right?

Won't happen and even if it did, I'd still support the G6. Overall still better than the bottom 6 or more in value. I'll continue to make donations to the corps I like. Including a select few on the bottom.

Quit revising history. The proposals weren't passed because a bunch of good people booted these goobers off the board before the coup occurred. Remember; these directors threatened to bolt if their demands weren't met. The TOC shows are a mere appeasement to keep the G7 in the fold, but I can guarantee we haven't heard the last of the G7 starting their own supercorps circuit.

And as long as they don't dare call it "professional drum corps" I'm cool with it.

Now that we all know here that a couple of Corps Directors concocted a G-7 scheme that, among other unsavory things, proposed the killing off of an entire Division of Corps, is anybody here naive enough to believe that if things got financially tough in the future for the G-8, that these 2 Corps Directors wouldn't cut off 2 or 3 of the G-8 Corps to save their own Corps skin ?

I didn't think so. Knowing what these guys are capable of, I'd keep a close tab on these 2 power hungry egomaniacs here in the future now, if I were the others.. including those currently in the G-8 group slotting system that's been created in the World Class Division, principally as a result of the actions of these two. From all reports, most of the other Corps Directors who took the unprecedented step of calling for a full membership emergency meeting that resulted in the 2 ( and others ) being booted off the DCI Board of Directors by the full DCI membership don't trust these two anymore either. I wouldn't trust these 2 as far as I could throw them either, knowing what we know now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I think this question may have already been asked but are these shows going to be on the Fan Network?