Judging the "Tour Of Champions" Shows?

I think this question may have already been asked but are these shows going to be on the Fan Network?

my hunch says for an extra fee

I bet Michael Boo would know the answer to this question....

I expect the shows will be available on the Fan Network because the shows will still be performed under the auspices of DCI. They will be judged by DCI judges with DCI staff on board. With the interest fans around the world will have in seeing these corps, the biggest hurdle in getting the shows on the Fan Network may well be the ability to get someone to each site to film the event, and also to find an appropriate camera location to do it justice.

PS: Sorry I didn't see your comment before now.

Edited by Michael Boo

Ok, well, the e-mail came from DCI today, to order tickets for these "special" shows.

But there is STILL no definition of what they are selling here!

I called DCI a month ago, and asked how these shows would be judged, and I was told that this would be "determined by the corps involved".

I asked how DCI could be scheduling and selling tickets to events that were undefined, with no indication of how these shows fit into the competition schedule for the rest of the season. I was told that they "were only SCHEDULING the shows and not SELLING tickets yet".

This was a month ago.

Well, now here they are SELLING TICKETS to these events, without having defined what it is they are selling!

Are these going to be exhibitions?

Are the shows going to be judged like other shows, so the scores can be comparable, and represent a true part of the competitive season?

IMHO, the answer to this question will dictate whether I have any interest in seeing these "special" shows at all.

And again, I think DCI has a responsibility to tell us what it is they are selling, to define the product we are paying for.

Mr. Acheson.....a word??

• Like 2

Ok, well, the e-mail came from DCI today, to order tickets for these "special" shows.

But there is STILL no definition of what they are selling here!

I called DCI a month ago, and asked how these shows would be judged, and I was told that this would be "determined by the corps involved".

I asked how DCI could be scheduling and selling tickets to events that were undefined, with no indication of how these shows fit into the competition schedule for the rest of the season. I was told that they "were only SCHEDULING the shows and not SELLING tickets yet".

This was a month ago.

Well, now here they are SELLING TICKETS to these events, without having defined what it is they are selling!

Are these going to be exhibitions?

Are the shows going to be judged like other shows, so the scores can be comparable, and represent a true part of the competitive season?

IMHO, the answer to this question will dictate whether I have any interest in seeing these "special" shows at all.

And again, I think DCI has a responsibility to tell us what it is they are selling, to define the product we are paying for.

Mr. Acheson.....a word??

I think you may be misundertanding the email. The only event they are promoting in this email that is TOC is Murfreesboro. The others (Minny, Atl, Allentown, and prelims-semis-finals) are as they always have been, and even Murfreesboro was top 8 format to last year, right? I agree they need to publish more information about the shows, but to cast the entire email as promoting TOC is incorrect.

Edited to add the link from the email: DCI.org/tickets

Edited by Shamu89

I think you may be misundertanding the email. The only event they are promoting in this email that is TOC is Murfreesboro. The others (Minny, Atl, Allentown, and prelims-semis-finals) are as they always have been, and even Murfreesboro was top 8 format to last year, right? I agree they need to publish more information about the shows, but to cast the entire email as promoting TOC is incorrect.

Edited to add the link from the email: DCI.org/tickets

Fair enough. So let's add the word "begun" to my statement, as in DCI has "begun" to sell tickets to the "TOC" shows.

Now, back to the issue at hand. Namely, what is it that they are selling? And how can they sell it without defining it?

Let me give you an example, since you brought up Murfreesboro. I'm a person who sees perhaps 12-15 shows each summer, including Finals every year, for more than two decades now. Murfreesboro has developed into a classic, head-to-head midseason competition, focused on the current best 8 corps each season to that point.

I live in NYC. I drive 12 hours to Murfreesboro, ( happily, as it's a beautiful drive thru the Virginia & Tennessee mountains ), and combine this show with Atlanta, Charlotte & Sevierville, typically, in a "Southern Swing".

Now, if Murfreesboro is changed into an exhibition show, frozen in time to include only the 2010 top-8 corps in perpetuity, I'm not sure I'm that interested in keeping it on my schedule.

I wonder if anyone else is encountering this same issue, now that it's time to BEGIN ordering tickets?

Thanks....:-)

• 1 month later...

I expect the shows will be available on the Fan Network because the shows will still be performed under the auspices of DCI. They will be judged by DCI judges with DCI staff on board. With the interest fans around the world will have in seeing these corps, the biggest hurdle in getting the shows on the Fan Network may well be the ability to get someone to each site to film the event, and also to find an appropriate camera location to do it justice.

PS: Sorry I didn't see your comment before now.

Thanks Michael.

:-)