Boston Crusaders Announce 2011 Program

ML23

I always thought 1812 Overture was written as Tchaikovsky's tribute to the undieing will of the Russian people, surviving Napoleon's invasion.

Sounds perfect for BAC. "We will never die ..."

It would be cool to see the crusaders play with the Boston POPs at 4th July standing on the long fellow bridge playing 1812 with them. Great way to promote the arts, music, non profit youth orig.

I always thought 1812 Overture was written as Tchaikovsky's tribute to the undieing will of the Russian people, surviving Napoleon's invasion.

Sounds perfect for BAC. "We will never die ..."

It would be cool to see the crusaders play with the Boston POPs at 4th July standing on the long fellow bridge playing 1812 with them. Great way to promote the arts, music, non profit youth orig.

Now you're thinking. That would be wicked cool! Hey, Tom, I have a connection to the BSO, if you need help with this.

Now you're thinking. That would be wicked cool! Hey, Tom, I have a connection to the BSO, if you need help with this.

It would be great for the corp and kids resume. It would also set up good things for the 75th.

Awesome Source material!!!!! :thumbup::smile::lol:

I grew up listening to this music and I can't wait to hear a new take on Drum Corps and Les Mis :lol:

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken...the one and only tubist for the BSO is a Suncoast Sound vet...(Mike Roylance?) - perhaps he can assist in fostering this collaboration. It works - I know the Glassmen did it with some orchestra back in the 1990s...very exciting for the audience -

With all the talk of escoteric, atonal shows, G8 issues, the direction of the activity, etc, this show just feels like comfort food to me.....I can't wait. And I know the kids are already REALLY into it...and, isn't that what this activity is all about? GO BAC!

• Like 2

Only 5 posts and already so jaded.....seems a shame. As for "rehash", the last serious treament of Les Mis was in 1989 by the Cadets, and none of today's marching members would have even been born.....it will certainly be fresh to them. Furthermore, the 1812 is..well, the 1812. It is a staple of World Music History, and its status as such entitles it to be played forever......get over it.

And, have a nice day! :thumbup:

Edited by craiga
  • Like 2