Boston Crusaders Announce 2011 Program

ML23

I think the literalness of band has gotten to some of you. Why cann't we be entertained without all of these parameters. Let's be entertained and get blown away in the way a flute and saxophone can not do it.

I think the literalness of band has gotten to some of you. Why cann't we be entertained without all of these parameters. Let's be entertained and get blown away in the way a flute and saxophone can not do it.

I wish I could understand what this post means!

Agreed......rather than engaging in "reverse programming" why don't we all just take a breath, relax, and look forward to some great music this summer?

Although I'm not in the loop in terms of BAC's design plans, I think we can logically assume they will probably treat Les Mis and 1812 (and whatever other source material they may use) with the same reverence as the Bacchanale and the Shostakovich #10, et al.......no worries.

The " literalness of band " ?

'never considered this before.

As for " these parameters ", I don't like these types of meters in music. And I hate putting coin in meters too.

Good points, DCFF.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm aware of that but the 1812 Overture has nothing to do with a revolution.

1000 Airplanes on the Roof had nothing to do with birds either...

What is your point?

I'm aware of that but the 1812 Overture has nothing to do with a revolution.

The 1812 Overture quotes "La Marseillaise", the rallying song of the French Revolution and later, the French national anthem.

Les Miz isn't about the French Revolution so it appears to be a mixed (musical) metaphor.