2011 World Class Repertoires

So many dark/evil/devil/vampire shows. Will be an interesting summer.

And I absolutely can't wait to see what Cadets do with the Tichelli piece. I had the privelege to perform this piece with Tichelli conducting at the Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic last year. Such a good piece of literature.

There was a BOA band that used this song and the show was simply amazing.

I'm surprised Bluecoats isn't up here yet. I heard it was announced at their camp to everyone auditioning.

It wasn't announced at camp. I was at Bluecoats auditions. Dave mentioned something about announcing it at the January camp, and a couple of the vets said the same thing. So I'm guessing after next weekend we should probably know the show.

Troopers announced they're playing "The Old Church," by Stephen Paulus.

http://trib.com/news/local/article_f0879baa-71bd-51f5-9c4f-04d6531e02b1.html

Gotcha.

Yeah, I'm really excited about this.

I am so excited for this show! The music is constant and I hope they take their Motto Perpetuo take on it...just with much more ascension and chromaticism! Bring it SCV, I have faith this can be another great year for the organization!

• Like 1

Spirit of Atlanta announced in a video they posted yesterday on the Fan Network that one of the pieces they're playing is "Harlem Nocturne." If you watch the video, you can even hear the hornline playing a small snippet of it.

And if you want to hear what the full piece originally sounds like, here it is on YouTube:

Edited by BugleBand