2011 World Class Repertoires

Is it me, or does it seem like more corps than usual are holding off on their announcements this year compared to the last few? Blue Stars were early out of the gate last year and not one word has been said about them, Blue Devils, Blue Knights, Cavies, Colts, Crossmen, Jersey Surf all quiet as well, plus several that only have announced a title. Are the copyright laws catching up with the corps, or are they just holding back to build suspense?

The DCI Facebook page posted a video of the show and tell portion of the Blue Knights' January camp. Based on the video, their 2011 show will include the chaconne and intermezzo from Holst's "1st Suite in Eb" as well as parts of the "Folk Song Suite" by Vaughan Williams.

EDIT -NVM

Edited by cephas

Glassmen possible repertoire: Moonlight Sonata and Phantom of the Opera. Heard from credible source from januarary camp.

oops... I think I just drooled a bit on my keyboard... :thumbup:

Thank God you didn't say Evanescence...

You never know...it still could be used. They said possible. And the corps hasn't announced anything yet, so that could also only be part and not all, as well.

You never know...it still could be used. They said possible. And the corps hasn't announced anything yet, so that could also only be part and not all, as well.

Let's hope not. I did not feel that My Immortal translated well on the field in 2009. Then again I think it had something to do with identity of the corps that was playing it.

I will say though that if someone was gonna do some pop song for a vampire-themed ballad, Florence + the Machine could work on a football field.

• Like 1

Yes I said possible but that is part of there 2011 rep. However, there is more to the selections that aren't known yet, phantom of the opera is used only in teasers I hear as well. Havent heard anything about any pop/twilight stuff either.

Edited by Armyscout

Is it me, or does it seem like more corps than usual are holding off on their announcements this year compared to the last few?

They want to minimize the time for backlash when it's revealed exactly what kind of shows we're going to see. My inside information makes it clear they have much to hide.

Blue Devils: Video Killed the Drum Corps Star -- eschewing body movement of any kind, the Blue Devils reinvent drum corps once again with a sit-down concert of the greatest hits of 70s fusion supergroups including Weather Report and Return to Forever. Featuring guard members dressed as Jaco Pastorius, Chick Corea, Al DiMeola, and Pat Metheny, the Devils will present an interactive video adventure displayed on a 40-foot Jumbotron, with key plot points determined LIVE by audience members voting using the new Blue Devils Mobile app (available for iOS, Android, and coming soon Windows Phone 7). This innovative new approach will guarantee a different experience at every performance, that is, save for the thrilling finale of Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" with the introduction of turntables to the drum corps field.

Cavaliers: Manly Men Doing Masculine Things -- Building on the thematic tradition of recent years, this show will portray the broad spectrum of manly behavior, from amazing sports performances to weightlifting to drunken brawling to refusing to ask for directions. Cavaliers fans will be thrilled with the new corps uniforms featuring full muscle suits under skin-tight spandex to create that very manly superhero look. The audience-friendly repetoire will feature hits including "Girls" by the Beastie Boys, "It's a Man's World" by James Brown, and "B*tches Aint ####" by Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre.

Crown: Moog Cookbook -- a DCI-record 148-member guard performs with two synth players doing analog renditions of today's hottest chart-topping hits from Pink, The Black Eyed Peas, Cee-Lo Green, and Taylor Swift. You may have heard that Crown Guard is not competing this year in WGI. The fact of the matter is, they took the year off to transition to the new unified Carolina Crown Synth and Guard corps. The 2011 DCI program is in fact only a warmup for the upcoming WGI season. Throughout the summer, the poorest performing members will be voted out by the audience in special interactive sessions immediately following Crown's performance at each Tour of Champions events with the goal of whittling the group down to WGI size by Finals day.

• Like 6

Cavaliers: Manly Men Doing Masculine Things -- Building on the thematic tradition of recent years, this show will portray the broad spectrum of manly behavior, from amazing sports performances to weightlifting to drunken brawling to refusing to ask for directions. Cavaliers fans will be thrilled with the new corps uniforms featuring full muscle suits under skin-tight spandex to create that very manly superhero look. The audience-friendly repetoire will feature hits including "Girls" by the Beastie Boys, "It's a Man's World" by James Brown, and "B*tches Aint ####" by Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre.

You know, I actually wouldn't mind to see that.

:tongue: