2011 World Class Repertoires

Blue Devils: Video Killed the Drum Corps Star -- eschewing body movement of any kind, the Blue Devils reinvent drum corps once again with a sit-down concert of the greatest hits of 70s fusion supergroups including Weather Report and Return to Forever. Featuring guard members dressed as Jaco Pastorius, Chick Corea, Al DiMeola, and Pat Metheny, the Devils will present an interactive video adventure displayed on a 40-foot Jumbotron, with key plot points determined LIVE by audience members voting using the new Blue Devils Mobile app (available for iOS, Android, and coming soon Windows Phone 7). This innovative new approach will guarantee a different experience at every performance, that is, save for the thrilling finale of Herbie Hancock's "Rockit" with the introduction of turntables to the drum corps field.

HOLY COW THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Edited by charlie1223

HOLY COW THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Not sure where this is on the sarcasm meter, but I think it's actually a really cool idea, although not appropriate for drum corps by a long shot. I'd love to see a theater/improv group do something like this - maybe have an audience vote mid-performance to determine how some plot point gets resolved.

• Like 2

Not sure where this is on the sarcasm meter, but I think it's actually a really cool idea, although not appropriate for drum corps by a long shot. I'd love to see a theater/improv group do something like this - maybe have an audience vote mid-performance to determine how some plot point gets resolved.

It was serious and sarcastic. I thought the post was funny but the idea of the improved show is really cool!

• Like 1

Crossmen announced on their Facebook page that their ballad would be Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"

Well done to them for getting permission to play that!

I just saw that Bloo'll play Radiohead.

So freakin awesome :w00t: ..... but no 15 steps please. :thumbdown: What a waste that song was.

I disagree ...

For me, 15 Step is the best Radiohead song out there. I'd love to see a drum corps do that song. In fact, if a drum corps was to do a full Radiohead show, I think they'd have to use 15 Step. But, that's just me.

Also ... I'd love to hear "Everything In Its Right Place" in that show too. Perhaps as the ballad. And even perhaps "Talk Show Host" from the Baz Luhrmann ROMEO + JULIET Soundtrack.

Edited by CMFC4Ever
  • Like 1

Crossmen announced on their Facebook page that their ballad would be Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"

They also announced "Spinning Wheel" by Maynard Ferguson (and Blood, Sweat, and Tears).

• Like 1