2011 World Class Repertoires

Do you mean the Requiem? Really?? I love Madison and all that, but that song was such a poignant part of the Vietnam show. What it has to with On The Town and Oklahoma, I'm not sure.

How about you show me an official announcement from the corps itself (I'll give you a hint - they haven't announced anything about the show title yet). I wouldn't trust corpsreps until you hear something from Spirit of Atlanta.

Spirit has told us Harlem Nocturne, and Drum Corps International Magazine said Spirit's show is called Seduction. So that would be why it is included. Should that information change or be adapted, CorpsData will be updated to reflect that new information.

• Like 1

Spirit has told us Harlem Nocturne, and Drum Corps International Magazine said Spirit's show is called Seduction. So that would be why it is included. Should that information change or be adapted, CorpsData will be updated to reflect that new information.

Sorry, but when it comes to announcements like these (from anybody, not just Spirit), I don't trust anything that I hear unless it comes directly from the corps. Drum Corps International Magazine and corpsreps and CorpsData and DrumCorpsWiki and whoever else can say whatever they like, but I'm not buying any of it until I read it from the corps' website.

• Like 1

SOA_2011_Film_Noir_2.png

Seeing as how this show poster is on the Spirit of Atlanta website I would say that is a good indication that their show is titled Seduction.

• Like 1

SOA_2011_Film_Noir_2.png

Seeing as how this show poster is on the Spirit of Atlanta website I would say that is a good indication that their show is titled Seduction.

They also have another poster just like that one that says "Intrigue." They're teaser posters.

EDIT: One more thing - if I'm wrong and the show title actually winds up being "Seduction," so be it. However, currently, there hasn't been any sort of official announcement from the corps. I don't understand why people choose to believe what they hear from secondary sources when the official source hasn't even said anything. It's like all that speculation as to what the Cavaliers are playing. Sure, there are two tunes listed on corpsreps, but neither of those have been confirmed by the corps yet (I know that'll happen later today, but still). Sorry that I like my information 100% true.

Edited by DrinkinOuttaCups
  • Like 3

They also have another poster just like that one that says "Intrigue." They're teaser posters.

You are correct. The third one says "Danger" and has Spirit's show title.

Spirit of Atlanta's 2011 show is entitled "Film Noir"

http://www.spiritdrumcorps.org/images/stories/spirit/2011/SOA_2011_Film_Noir_3.pdf

Edited by hostrauser
  • Like 1