Phantom Regiment 2011

Hey if you got something better to add, by all means I'd love to hear. I just see the kid every now and then so I didn't get details. He got called back so he must be paying attention fine enough.

And oddly enough, Google spell check has it as Shostakovitch as opposed to Shostakovich....odd.

no, i'll be non db'ish and let the corps do it when they are ready to :satisfied: , honestly at this point i'm not sure anything is official, but as with other years, they have different pieces that are solidly in the show, and some that they are still considering/testing. so an announcement of pieces at this point would not be a great idea unless they only want to list half of them.

that is very odd about google spell check... weird..

Who is East of Eden by? Can anyone post a recording link so I can take a listen!? Thank you!

If it's the film, the score is by Leonard Rosenman.

If it's the miniseries, it's Lee Holdridge.

If it's the song by Big Country, it's based on Bach's "Air on a G-String" and select themes from Cats.

Which would be so Phantom.

can't go that route, those kind of sex scenes wouldnt work in DCI

Says you.

/Fires up Phantom 91

no, i'll be non db'ish and let the corps do it when they are ready to :satisfied: , honestly at this point i'm not sure anything is official, but as with other years, they have different pieces that are solidly in the show, and some that they are still considering/testing. so an announcement of pieces at this point would not be a great idea unless they only want to list half of them.

that is very odd about google spell check... weird..

I see what you did there.....

But, release just a title and you get what you ask for. I said it earlier, at least give us a synopsis and a couple composers. Sure it's never a good idea to list your works as concrete, but nothing says you can't release a few of the more solid choices. Helps get us through the bleak winter.

• Like 1

Breaking out East of Eden? Ah well, the book was good.

Wasn't that piece mentioned in the "ballads corps should do" thread?

Yes, for the score to the later miniseries version.

Rosenman? His work strikes me as sort of "meh" (although, most of what I have to go on is the pedestrian Star Trek IV score).

Truth. Although there's nothing better then when an arranger takes "meh" music and turns it into something amazing.