Phantom Regiment 2011

Jus saw the new ending. I'm just going to say this about it. It's amazing. This ending will not, in any way let people down. And I expect a slight change at the very end (like last 5 seconds or so) to come Finals Week.

I think it's fair to say that we all knew it was coming, we just didn't know when.

Jus saw the new ending. I'm just going to say this about it. It's amazing. This ending will not, in any way let people down. And I expect a slight change at the very end (like last 5 seconds or so) to come Finals Week.

Any idea when it will debut? Shall I keep my eyes peeled for the Minneapolis feed?

check out "the site", its a recent addition

awesome changes, enough said

Edited by dgilday

Just saw the new ending -- don't think it improves anything. I'm missing that haunting baritone sound just prior to the transition into elsa's now, which was a highlight for me. I don't like the ending with the sword, the other one was better. It sounds like the PR folks decided to "fall back" to what they felt comfortable with, instead of moving forward with their original idea.

Also didn't like the new changes in the ballad. The chord they hit as they finish the ballad is now missing, which was also a great highlight for me.

Either way, it's still my favorite show this year and the crowd will love the music, it is beautiful!

It sounds like the PR folks decided to "fall back" to what they felt comfortable with, instead of moving forward with their original idea.

What was the original idea?

As for an improvement - I think this definitely is one. Couldn't end with Romeo's exile. Maybe they could still do more, but it's more complete than it was.

What was the original idea?

Putting a twist on an already existing piece. Before, you were "surprised" by Elsa's after this very haunting baritone verse (which I cannot still get out of my head after listening to them in Denver). Now, the haunting part is gone, replaced by the all-to-predictable (and comfortable) solo into Elsa's. There is no surprise, everyone knows what is coming, and it just feels like the thousands of times we have seen them in the arc playing Elsa's.

Did that answer your question? :)