Incentives for corps experience

FTNK

except people who dont always bag on them have spoken up in here. I'm willing to give them the ebenfit of the doubt, no matter what it looks like, but even i at first glance saw stuff that made me go "hmmm"

Hardly. I see lots of the same posters who bag on the Cadets at every turn posting junk about a tiny little incentive as though they are stealing another corps members out from under them...as if $25 is going to make a difference at the end of the day.

lol. true enough!

imo the biggest "news" re:incentive is that cadets want to drive up numbers at their second camp. does that mean numbers are down? or do they assume the "incentives" will bring-a-friend and ka-ching ?

anyway everything cadets do is diabolical plot :lol:

I think the Nov camp attracted 260 total, from reading the YEA website.

But this isn't just an ad....it's a material incentive. Other corps' auditionees and vets get a discount....everyone else pays full price.

I've lost count how many times I've been accused of milking this simply to bash the Cadets. So let's take the Cadets out of the equation. What other corps offer incentives to auditionees in this manner?

Perhaps once we've identified other corps that do the same thing, the discussion can move forward.

Because that is exactly what you have been doing. If no other corps does the same thing, so what? How is that remotely relevant to someone in the YEA organization having an idea that ended up being a small discount...that is targeted marketing in a very good sense.

Let me fuel this fire...

What if, just what if, the cadets were trying to reach out to those who have been cut by other corps and are trying to give those students a second chance :ph34r: who might have otherwise given up on marching dci. Who knows maybe someone cut by bd might be something the cadets are looking for. Maybe the cadets might be the organization that person cut from bd is looking for. Maybe they know many potential members read all of the corps bashing on this website and because of this bashing they stray away from the cadets and the cadets are trying to change these thoughts on their corps.

People post about how people cut from a corps normally just go home and don't march at all. The Cadets have made a small gesture to try and attract some of those to their camps...and now they get bashed for that.

But probably the REAL reason they're making this offer is to have all the people on dcp get into a huge argument since these are the people that the cadets are looking to attract.

If it was pioneer, academy, troopers, etc. offering this incentive then this thread would be vastly different.

Actually, the REAL reason they did this is to give the DCP Cadet-bashers a case of apoplexy...and it has worked like a charm! :lol:

IMO, I think many would have concerns regardless who did it. Again, it's all in the wording,

People post about how people cut from a corps normally just go home and don't march at all. The Cadets have made a small gesture to try and attract some of those to their camps...and now they get bashed for that.

Actually, the REAL reason they did this is to give the DCP Cadet-bashers a case of apoplexy...and it has worked like a charm! :lol:

IMO, I think many would have concerns regardless who did it. Again, it's all in the wording,

Crazy. Quite the read, but crazy. Lots of defending going on in this thread if you really look at it all. It kinda sucks if you do a good thing, and you are always having to defend-everything. Even if its for the good, that would get old. Oh, it already is. I have to admit the first time I read it I was leary about the intent of the whole thing, not because of what was happening but who was doing it. Thats just were I am at with anything with this Corps. And it sucks, cause I really like what the kids do on the field, its the rest of the bagage that gets me. Oh well, good luck to the MM.

Hey. You're barking up the wrong tree. I dig the werewolf. Just hadn't read the thread!

HH

PS: Like your idea to cross-promote our best work in new threads. Way better than finding ulterior motives in every Cadet announcement.

As the great Taki-Tsu-Hiko once said, marketing is everything!

Have to disagree, doubt if getting $25 off of the thousands that would be paid (counting all expenses) will help any corps.

As for Open Class, can anyone picture someone saying "Yeah, it's not my dream corps, but I just couldn't ignore that 25 bucks".

Do you really think it would hurt their recruitment? Even if they only bring in one or two more people to auditions, and even if those people only marched at a different Open Class group the year it would be worth the offer.

Think smaller.