What show would you show someone who had never hear of drum corps?

I find it to be largely irrelevant. Regardless of the shows I've tried to show people I always get the same "Why am I wasting 10 minutes of my life on a marching band half time show?" look on their faces. By the time opener is over they're looking for a way out. Drum Corps will never be interesting to the vast majority of people, that's just the way it is.

• Like 1

I've had a lot of success with Cavaliers 2004 and any show that uses electronics or might be considered "cheesy." Bluecoats 2007/2008 work well. The themes are explicit and clever. I've found it's much more engaging than showing them a "pure" drum corps show. And I've never had any success with anything that didn't happen in the 2000s.

I always use 99 Madison.

I use 99 Madison as well.

• Like 1

as some have said, most ppl react w/ wanting to leave or sleep...but, the ones i've had success w/ have been w/ SCV and Phantom shows. like, SCV 04...

Had my Brother over to help me with some projects. We took lunch and where eating I thought i would throw some DCI in the DVD. Got thru

PR'08 and he went back into the bedroom, pulled up a chair and sat down in the vacant room, said he would rather watch the paint dry.

Had my Brother over to help me with some projects. We took lunch and where eating I thought i would throw some DCI in the DVD. Got thru

PR'08 and he went back into the bedroom, pulled up a chair and sat down in the vacant room, said he would rather watch the paint dry.

Your brother is a Cretan cretin. How does he share your genes? Are you sure he's actually your brother? Maybe one of you is adopted or something?

EDIT: fixed. Hat tip to N.E. Brigand

Edited by garfield

V.K.: 88 or 92, Bridgemen: In the Stone or drumsolo footage: 82 maybe, Empire Statemen: anything but '95, Hawthorne Caballaros: Late 70s'-early 80s'.

When someone is new i would think they'd want to be entertained first, once they are in the door(so to speak) it will be easier to introduce them to the more serious side of drumcorps.

Edited by nngs9

Phantom 1989...great pure drum corps. You can't go wrong.

Your brother is a Cretan. How does he share your genes? Are you sure he's actually your brother? Maybe one of you is adopted or something?

Randall Boggs: "Where's the kid, you little one-eyed crettin?"

Mike Wazowski: "Okay. First of all, it's cretin. If you're gonna threaten me, do it properly."

Unless you really meant to say that his brother comes from a Greek island.