SCV 2011

Rosander & Renwick at SCV.... a smokin drumline but muddy drill.

I have to agree - I think Rosander's drills are too difficult. Think of SCV and Phantom with Rosander - they spend all summer trying to execute the drill and always run out of time to contend at Finals.

• Like 1

You are a dipstick! Myron is one of the most talented people to ever grace the activity with his presence. He is Santa Clara!

ooo dipstick, how early 1990s.

I don't doubt his talent and I wish him well at SCV. I hope for his sake it works out better for him than his spell at PR did.

Renwick? Lol wow, pretty sure it's reNNick

and you'd be correct.... doh.

I have to agree - I think Rosander's drills are too difficult. Think of SCV and Phantom with Rosander - they spend all summer trying to execute the drill and always run out of time to contend at Finals.

At least few if any accused Phantom of having easy drill last year...

Here's a question. The "drill is difficult" is one thing. However, is it the drill designer who is responsible for cleaning the drill? I had thought it was the responsibility of a select group of others.

You are a dipstick! Myron is one of the most talented people to ever grace the activity with his presence. He is Santa Clara!

Agreed with your assessment of Myron; he is talented... his 1989 drill efforts, his first, helped us to a successful 1989 effort.

Posted from their 2010/12/23 news update at http://www.scvanguard.org/about/news/news.cfm?news_id=ff0a1854-4cf2-411d-92be-77ae1448ebb7

The Santa Clara Vanguard is proud to present their 2011 program The Devil's Staircase.

Inspired by Gyorgy Ligeti's Etude #13 and an electrifying performance by pianist Greg Anderson, the musical selections will include works by Samuel Barber, Avner Dorman, Gyorgy Ligeti and other composers announced at a later date.

The music will be arranged by Key Poulan and Paul Rennick, with drill and staging designed by Peter Weber and color guard designs led by Greg Lagola. As the program develops, specific musical selections will be announced once the necessary licensing has been secured and the selections are finalized.

The program and the prospective musical selections, as well as a draft of the first two pieces, were presented to prospective members at the corps' Clinic & Audition weekend, December 17-19 at Independence High School in San Jose, CA.