SCV 2011

Uhm... wow. I don't even know what to think.

this show will be driven by "effects" like a horror movie soundtrack. Nothing to really grasp onto musically but the "feeling" of the music combined with visuals will make it more a unique drum corps experience. I hope SCV has enough performance energy to pull this off!!

I do like the title tho!

Edited by charlie1223

Gyorgi Ligeti... hmmm... How many people have actually ever heard of the guy? Anyone that's not a music major?

Not a music major, but I'd heard of Ligeti -- probably because some of his music was used in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

can't wait for this show.

a big thanks to scv for fresh concepts that I can trust will work.

Who's been pouring sunshine into your coffee cup lately?!? I've never seen you be so positive. I'm slightly worried...

Btw, I like the concept...I just hope it can be programmed into 11 minutes of greatness. I'll have to wait and see.

wow, cant wait to see what vanguard does with this show. gonna see ALOT of red this year lol seems like it will be alot more than last year too. that would be really cool if they revamped some of the music from the 2000 show. (one of my all time favorites) i feel that vanguard will give devs a run for their money right out of the gate next year. its gonna be a great season!!

• Like 1

Uhm... wow. I don't even know what to think.

this show will be driven by "effects" like a horror movie soundtrack. Nothing to really grasp onto musically but the "feeling" of the music combined with visuals will make it more a unique drum corps experience. I hope SCV has enough performance energy to pull this off!!

I do like the title tho!

Did I miss something in SCV's posting or did you mean to start your comments with "It sounds to me like this show MIGHT be driven by ..."?

As to your other point, I think SCV's shows have most often been so much about emotion and the "feeling' of the music that they always needs to bring enough performance energy to pull their shows off. And, over the years, I've seen them both go through the roof and fall flat due to that reason alone. That's always been one thing that has kept me interested in and excited about SCV!!

In addition, I thought SCV's drill was about the best out there in 2010 as far as connecting to and enhancing the music they were performing. If they can bring just some of that genius to the field in 2011, I for one will be very happy.

• Like 1

Did I miss something in SCV's posting or did you mean to start your comments with "It sounds to me like this show MIGHT be driven by ..."?

As to your other point, I think SCV's shows have most often been so much about emotion and the "feeling' of the music that they always needs to bring enough performance energy to pull their shows off. And, over the years, I've seen them both go through the roof and fall flat due to that reason alone. That's always been one thing that has kept me interested in and excited about SCV!!

In addition, I thought SCV's drill was about the best out there in 2010 as far as connecting to and enhancing the music they were performing. If they can bring just some of that genius to the field in 2011, I for one will be very happy.

I agree, liked thier approach to design a lot in 2009 and even more in 2010. Very refreshing and different...they were very patient by following the music wherever it went and did it without trying to change sets every 16 counts. Loved it!

• Like 1

this show is going to be sick.

Good... 'better the show, than me about the show.

Good... 'better the show, than me about the show.

You're entitled to your opinion. I rarely opine. SCV is one of few performances in 2010 that I listen to again and again. 2011 is intriguing. Shall I go to a show or no? Maybe I'll go. 'Do you know the way to San Jose?' ;-)

Edited by lindap