Old School Uniforms

"Hey, did you hear? The Cadets are bringing back their horn and drum uniforms from 2007! Or is it 2006? Maybe it's 2008..." :devil:

Why mess with a good thing?

Actually, the Argonne Rebels did it back about 1978 or 79. They had been wearing thier Aussie hats and tunic tops all season, but dug out the old cadet uniforms for the KS American Legion championship show in Hutch that year. Caused quite the stir in the stands.

A great idea, but I don't see it ever occurring.

Regiment doing a one-off in the black unis, or hell, even the khakis would be interesting to see.

A more plausible, yet equally unlikely solution would be for a corps to "go throwback" for an entire season. Still likely too expensive though.

A more plausible, yet equally unlikely solution would be for a corps to "go throwback" for an entire season. Still likely too expensive though.

I don't think it is that unlikely. If a corps, just using examples here, like Crossmen or Spirit of Atlanta decided to rebrand themselves a good way to do it might be to "go throwback". I mean, look @ how people reacted when Crossmen's DM wore an old uniform this year.

Not to mention carting another complete set of unifoms around.

Plus the fact that older uniform styles are cut-to-form no where close to what they are now-a-days. That clean visual look of modern drum corps would get really muddy really quick with old school uniforms (assuming the OP means that, say, SCV marched a show with their 1989 uniforms). The modifications would be costly and time consuming and frankly not worth the effort.

What is cool that some corps do, is when drum majors come out to awards ceremonies in vintage DM uniforms. It's a classy way to pay tribute to the corps' history while still being doable.

Actually, the SCV Cadets busted out the old 1980's style uniforms for the drum majors during DCI West in 2009. It was pretty cool to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the SCV Cadets busted out the old 1980's style uniforms for the drum majors during DCI West in 2009. It was pretty cool to see.

Very cool ;-) The Blue Stars had their honor guard in 1970's style uniforms in 2007 from what I've read.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/106263-omg-could-we-have-been-so-young/page__view__findpost__p__2059179

I saw DCI finals 2010 first time in a long time. The Cadets had issues with guard uniforms early in the season, top was pink, bottom white; they changed half way season burgandy/maroon bottom and purple top with a dash of gold. What if the horns and drums wore what the guard wore at 2010 finals and the guard wore white/maroon with a dash of gold? Now that would be bold!

Cough *Phantom Regiment Classic* cough

• Like 1