Rivals

Our only intention with the tour was the experience of it all, I am assuming that when you mean the "upper echelon range" you are on about the corps at the top of the tables which we had no intention of playing with especially as we didn't know how the tour would turn out and where we would lie amongst the rest of the corps.

Back onto topic of course as our tour hopefully didn't have anything to do with rivalries.

Hey, you guys made a great showing and did yourselves proud. Sometimes no expectations work out for the best

tension for sure, especially the week before finals in 96 and the Rochester show in 95. never got ugly tho

( we had kegs waiting at the busses both times so our attention was diverted :tongue: )

Heaven forbid you have beer on the busses much less a keg now days.

Back in the early 70's when I was still marching juniors the Cabs and Sky weren't exactly kissin' cousins. The unwritten and unspoken rule was simple. When the show was over you could go to the lot and hang out with one or the other but not both. It's like Frank Dorritie had said...you had to choose.

Back in the early 70's when I was still marching juniors the Cabs and Sky weren't exactly kissin' cousins. The unwritten and unspoken rule was simple. When the show was over you could go to the lot and hang out with one or the other but not both. It's like Frank Dorritie had said...you had to choose.

Having been in Sky in the early 70's, this is just simply not true ... NY and Hawthorne didn't care for each other "on" the field and certainly threw "verbal" slings and arrows at each other ... but, I cannot recall any skirmishes or "physical" altercations with them ... we could care less who anyone hung out with ... like Fast Frankie said, when the show was over the party began ...

:-)

i have np idea what your talking about. i had friends in both and hung with both. the beer in both camps was good. :thumbup:

Heaven forbid you have beer on the busses much less a keg now days.

After all who wants to break the law......

• Like 1

Having been in Sky in the early 70's, this is just simply not true ... NY and Hawthorne didn't care for each other "on" the field and certainly threw "verbal" slings and arrows at each other ... but, I cannot recall any skirmishes or "physical" altercations with them ... we could care less who anyone hung out with ... like Fast Frankie said, when the show was over the party began ...

:-)

Maybe you should take age into consideration. We were just kids at the time and thought it was serious.

Maybe you should take age into consideration. We were just kids at the time and thought it was serious.

Yup ... perception is reality ... but ... somehow each corps built its own loyal fan base through the years ... and somehow, when I was a kid, and viewed them both in the early 60's, I was able to meet the personalities behind the perceptions and made my choice to hook up with NY ... and became one of those perceptions you saw in the early 70's ... you should have stopped by to say hello ... who were you with at the time? ...

:smile:

Don't know about Darth Vayda but I certainly won't. :cool: And how many different Corps rehearsals have you been to this winter? :blink:

I want to see if I could get as many corps names in my tag line as you do...