Rivals

well i really didn't participate to often on the bus....i usually flew to any shows i couldn't drive to. :rolleyes:

Wise man!

This is why many bus companies have you take out a rider policy if you intend to have booze on the bus.

and more and more are stopping the practice all together.

trust me, I've seen it first hand.

and more and more are stopping the practice all together.

trust me, I've seen it first hand.

None of the major carriers have followed that direction yet.

None of the major carriers have followed that direction yet.

and how many corps are on Greyhound?

trust me Ed, when I say I know of bus companies that do. We asked why...they told us..."fear of lawsuits".

and in this day and age where you can get sued for sneezing in the wrong tone of voice, it's going to become more prevalent.

it's not some evil conspiracy to make drum corps a bunch of tee-totalling #######. it's called business realities.

BITD it was truly "senior" drum corps where 95-100% of the people were of age so having a beer or 2 wasn't that big of a deal. Nowadays it just makes sense to have the policies that are in place as most of the corps are very young and have a large underage population.

• Like 1

BITD it was truly "senior" drum corps where 95-100% of the people were of age so having a beer or 2 wasn't that big of a deal. Nowadays it just makes sense to have the policies that are in place as most of the corps are very young and have a large underage population.

Very good point, Frank.... I agree.

Each corps has its own policy regarding this.... and like I've said before, if someone doesn't like a particular corps' policy on this issue.... then go find another corps.

From a guy who drank his share of adult beverages on bus rides home from shows.....I much prefer things the way they are now, as far as this aspect of the drum corps activity is concerned.

Sometimes I wonder, "What the heck were we thinking back in the day (with some of the bonehead stuff we would do)?" A drum corps friend of mine answered that question for me recently: "That's just it... we weren't thinking." LOL.

Which jurisdictions are you aware of that do NOT have a exception for open containers on Busses and Limousines?

Many companies no longer will offer it as an option because of the legal ramifications involved. Maybe where you live it is still a common practice but not where I am. Coolers in the isles are also not allowed by some companies for the liability reasons as well. You mention a rider, and if no rider is taken out (which have become incredibly expensive now), then it is illegal same as an open container in a car. So why would a corps on a budget opt for a liability rider that will cost about the same as bus rental itself? Have a couple of beers before you get on the bus. No one has a physical need to be toss faced.....

BITD no body had them. our busses flowed with genny cream.

Back in the day you could smoke on the bus too, but that along with the Charleston and the Mash Potato, is now out of date.... :tongue:

Back in the day you could smoke on the bus too, but that along with the Charleston and the Mash Potato, is now out of date.... :tongue:

that's funny liz............i may be old but not that old. :smile: but that just shows how much has changed. but it's for the best i'm sure.